Source for Curved Intercooler Cores?

We found a source and ordered 5 pre-bent intercoolers....they aren't here yet so we will see how they come out. Sizing on the core will be 320Lx220Wx50T and we will be using them on a '06 Turbo GSXR750, '08 Turbo R6, and a '08 Turbo Busa....I will give feedback and let you know how they work out....might be a nice source to locate these from here on out.

Hope to hear more about these cores as soon as you have an update. I have a late '99 gen 1 busa and would be interested as to how well they may fit this model. Although I can see that you are testing the core in an '08 turbo busa... surely if it goes well in the '08 then it may not pose too many problems in my '99...hmmm just have to wait and see!

Having a nice source for these cores would certainly be great.

Hope to hear more about these cores as soon as you have an update. I have a late '99 gen 1 busa and would be interested as to how well they may fit this model. Although I can see that you are testing the core in an '08 turbo busa... surely if it goes well in the '08 then it may not pose too many problems in my '99...hmmm just have to wait and see!

Having a nice source for these cores would certainly be great.

I will post pics and keep everyone updated....we wanted to go thick cause it is way more efficient at cooling than a thin core...we can cut the height down if needed for clearance. The first one will be used on the R6 and then the GSXR750....prolly won't have time to fab on the Busa for awhile yet.

Well , also is the kind of Turbo build you got in. On Mc Xpress kits ( 50mm thick core ) there is no way out for cutting out some core for the front Tire .. and for the upper forks - just bang them in the cooler ( built alot of Turbobikes with Mc Xpress kits in - and still doing it ) ... and works too .. As soon the Wartercooler comes a bit more forth the Tire - Problems start.
Thats why I changed over to a 40mm thick cooler .. Also is 28mm shorter - so if I had to cut some out for the tire - it wont be alot.
The Air flow is still more then the old cooler ..............
Tryed everything out - Water injektion, Watercooled Plenum .. nothing works better as a AIR / air intercooler - for street use !!!!

i am interested in one when you are ready to sell , just let me know how much . i have a 2008 busa with a RCC stage 2 kit .

thanks Bill

now available - got the First cooler that will fit 100%. Enough room for both Tanks, a little shorter than the Watercooler - better room for the front tire, 40mm thick. The first + last cool ripp is no cooler -rip - for Better Welding for the upper mount - had always problems before because of the thickness ( cracks ..leaks )

Can you still get these? I want one for the supercharged bking I'm doing.

Get them from a reputable source , i have one here that came on a bike i was helping setup , at first i removed it for various design and fit problems, later modified it and refitted
it was a reasonable size core but choked at 10 psi, having trouble making psi at the plenum, then after checking pre and post cooler had 25 psi at turbo outlet and less than 15 at plenum
best i can figure is the core fins in the tube are blocking flow at the curve , interesting wall hanging now

Back