Something not right........

1397juicedbusa

Registered
well I went to bike night and they have the trailer dyno there, so I put the bike up and it runs 169.5 / 100.3 best run.......this was motor only and pc set for street, does this seem right for my bike:

1397 Motor, Tuned for pump 93 octane gas
High volume oil pump
2 Intake cam mod
Airbox mod
14.1 compression
4-10 over swingarm
NOS dry system
air shifter using NOS instead of air.
Power commander 3
Brock davidson hindle full exhaust.
Fully adjustable rear lowering links
EK DR530 drag racing chain

Last edited:
bike has 15k, 3500 onthe motor.....the did not give a/f readings......but it did draw the biggest crowd........:thumbsup:

100_0067.jpg

Doesnt sound right,,,does sound really low, for the Mods,,should be generating alot more power,,,you did mention motor alone[ no Nos]...but those number indicate something wrong,,,,,,Your time 100.3 ? did you mean 10.3 in the 1/4,,if thats so,,it could be the rider loseing time at the tree,and the dyno [ as mentioned above,,,] could very well of been off,,,,it is a bunch of guys running around haveing a good time,,its not like your at schnitz or somewhere else that " May " be more creditable,,,,,,,But because both the low 1/4 and low dyno at the same time,,I'd be scratching my head too,,But if the bike,is pulling hard and running strong in your opinion,,,,,then maybe the problem isnt the bike,,,,,you can always dyno it another time,,,,,,,I believe if something was really out of the norm,,,you'd know it,,,,,,,,good looking bike,,

Last edited:
yes.......100.03ft torque........a 07 kz1400 went after me and pulled 172hp / 106ft torque........the bike will run mid 8'sin the 1/4 mile but something just seems wrong with there dyno......

- 8 Second Busa[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
yes.......100.03ft torque........a 07 kz1400 went after me and pulled 172hp / 106ft torque........the bike will run mid 8'sin the 1/4 mile but something just seems wrong with there dyno......

- 8 Second Busa[/url]

If the zx14 was close to stock then the dyno is pretty close. Is the mid 8's with spray? Your tune might be set up for spray... I was told that it needs to be rich when you spray ( not a nitro guy ) and that might be the reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno...but it sounds like a lot of cheese for 10 hp and 4+ ft lbs of torque...

My '05 stock;

dynorun07-1.jpg

Lots of factors with the dyno but to me it looks more like a stock bore bike with intake cam mod (based on the torque and nitrous MPH). How much does the rider weight?

Compression sounds high also for that setup, are you sure that is what is done to the engine...? ???

Thats what i was getting, 14;1 is very high,,,,If your spraying,,,what does your map say when you pull it up on your computer,,,Ive added 16 % [ 15 % only needed for a 40 shot ] @ 7000 rpm @ WOT only,,,but I also added in incriments for 5500 thru 6850 from 7 % to 10% [ WOT only ]so it would be a even curve , so the bike runs fine with a nice power curve at WOT without spray ,,

Back
Top Bottom