Some one stopped by.

06BUSA

BlackBird rider, lol
Donating Member
Registered
OK, a member of a local area board stopped by Sat. I was to install sprockets & rivit new chain.
While doing the brakes on my truck I see him comeing, but crazy slow? He got a flat a few miles from my house.
Crap he drove 70+ miles. I don't wanna load bike in the truck and then go 140ish miles.
He says hole is right in the center on the tire. I told him he was in luck, I can repair the tire with a hole there.
I was just finishing 1 of the fronts on the truck. I pull out the truck. He rolls the bike up and I'm like lets get this done. Walk around the bike and find the tire is toast. Tell him, I have done very bad things to tires but that is very bad & I cant fix that. Remember its Sat & Holiday weekend.
Ok I have some old rubber sitting around. Is a 180/17 Dunlop 205 gonna fit a 95CBR600 that comes stock with a 160? Yep. Lucky kid.

These are the remains of the tire.

tire1__Medium_.jpg

Hmmm, might be time for a new tire
tounge.gif

I'm not sure how he even rode on that..I would be too worried to enjoy the ride with that tire.

Yep! lucky he has a bud like you! Did you tell him how to look @ his freakin stuff
rock.gif
Jeez!

Never met him till Sat. Broke kid trying to get as many miles out of it as he could. He said "the tire looked OK to me before the trip, i think that 100miles finished it off. paper thin in the middle." What ever map service he used sent hin a few extra miles 1 way.
The highway he took is under heavy construction. He is lucky it didn't blow at 65mph on I-55. There are alot of area's with no shoulder right now.
Told him that is like playing Lotto, not good odds. Also told him keep up on that tire inspection.

SHOCKED.gif
looks like he was lucky to have the whole in the tire, I would be afraid to ride more the 100 feet with a tire in that condition. Please, show him what wear markers are on tires!!

(06BUSA @ Sep. 03 2007,12:45) OK, a member of a local area board stopped by Sat. I was to install sprockets & rivit new chain.
While doing the brakes on my truck I see him comeing, but crazy slow? He got a flat a few miles from my house.
Crap he drove 70+ miles. I don't wanna load bike in the truck and then go 140ish miles.
He says hole is right in the center on the tire. I told him he was in luck, I can repair the tire with a hole there.
I was just finishing 1 of the fronts on the truck. I pull out the truck. He rolls the bike up and I'm like lets get this done. Walk around the bike and find the tire is toast. Tell him, I have done very bad things to tires but that is very bad & I cant fix that. Remember its Sat & Holiday weekend.
Ok I have some old rubber sitting around. Is a 180/17 Dunlop 205 gonna fit a 95CBR600 that comes stock with a 160? Yep. Lucky kid.

These are the remains of the tire.
I can't believe he was riding with that tire on his bike.
Question: Why do you only have 4 toes?

I was expecting that sooner.
laugh.gif
That 5th toe slowed me down. It was dragging to often.

I was gonna crop the pic. But what fun would that be.
Not missing any toes. Just part of a index finger.

way to help the kid out....advice and a tire...wonder wich one he took the best

Back