Sold My Bike Today, Not the Busa

Fate

Donating Member
Registered
I sold my Hurricane 1000 today. My wife is in Saint Louis taking care of things and I posted a Craigslist ad yesterday before she flew out. Had hundreds of calls. It was the first really fast bike I ever owned and I sold it for about a 7 times LESS than I had in it, but really needed the money. Finally have my new business legal and should have income real soon, so the Busa should be safe for now, it was next. I am going to miss my Hurricane though. Kind of feel like I sold my first born or something.

goodboy.gif

Man, I'm sure many others in here feel your "pain" we've been there...but that just leaves a place in the garage for a bigger and badder toy when the time comes and things get going for ya again!!

busa_0003.jpg

Man, I'm sure many others in here feel your "pain" we've been there...but that just leaves a place in the garage for a bigger and badder toy when the time comes and things get going for ya again!!
I actually may look at a cruiser or something. I am in Florida, and there are few corners and the Busa hates the 45 mph limits all around Cape Coral area. I seem to go from stop sign to stop light back to stop sign everywhere around here.

I actually may look at a cruiser or something. I am in Florida, and there are few corners and the Busa hates the 45 mph limits all around Cape Coral area. I seem to go from stop sign to stop light back to stop sign everywhere around here.
sort of ironic, year round weather and nothing but straight roads...

You are going to miss it in a big way. I had this happen with the Ninja I bought in '84. Sold it a year later to go back to school. It was some of the best times I've ever had. keep in touch with the new owner and if he ever wants to sell it, get it back.

You are going to miss it in a big way. I had this happen with the Ninja I bought in '84. Sold it a year later to go back to school. It was some of the best times I've ever had. keep in touch with the new owner and if he ever wants to sell it, get it back.
Crap, thanks, makes me feel worse
banghead.gif
You are right, already missing it. Should of kept it, but then again, can't afford to get it down here to florida and need money. I have had alot of good experiences on that bike. I love my Busa, But I had that bike for 14 years. I had other bikes, but that was my baby. I took it our for a spin last summer, it is more of a sit up position, and rides like a cadiliac. It is much heavier than the Busa and forgot how hard it was to take corners. I still have the Busa, so I am good. I was 1800 miles away when it sold, which is probably good. I probably would have cried, or not sold it at all.

Sorry for the tough choice u had to make. But u sacrificed the right bird. Long live the Busa!

oh man.. I had an 88 all silver... That's the bike that got me back into riding, and my first real sportbike. I was absolutely FLOORED with it's power at the time.. My first trip to the gap was with her, and I still have pictures with my Son on it... Sold it to my Brother with the thoughts of us doing rides together.. he wrecked it a couple times, then sold it to my Uncle, who wrecked it and sold it.. Sure wish I still had it, she would still be pristine.. poor girl.
bowdown.gif
She was a LOT of fun, lol

leftview.jpg

guageview.jpg

That is the only Blue and silver one I've ever seen!! Thaought they were all silver or Blk and Red. Cool!!

Back