So I am on the plane to Chicago today....

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
How often do you sit by someone on an airplane that you actually want to talk to?
My wife and I are sitting on the airplane, waiting for all the passengers to board, when this guy walks down the aisle decked out in Team Zook gear. Hat, pullover, the works. So he sits down, and I tell my wife that he looks familiar....
So anyway, he takes off his pullover and is wearing a Schwantz Racing school T-shirt underneath. I ask him if he went to the school - he looks dead at me and I realize that he is Opie Caylor a Formula Extreme racer and Instructor at Kevin's school. (He actually shot the Pole at the AMA Championships at Road Atlanta, but crashed out at turn 6) Anyway, we talked about racing for awhile...he was coming to Chicago to sign his new contract with Safety First Suzuki for next year's team.....

Oh well. Just thought I would share.....

How often do you sit by someone on an airplane that you actually want to talk to?
My wife and I are sitting on the airplane, waiting for all the passengers to board, when this guy walks down the aisle decked out in Team Zook gear.  Hat, pullover, the works.  So he sits down, and I tell my wife that he looks familiar....
So anyway, he takes off his pullover and is wearing a Schwantz Racing school T-shirt underneath.  I ask him if he went to the school - he looks dead at me and I realize that he is Opie Caylor a Formula Extreme racer and Instructor at Kevin's school.  (He actually shot the Pole at the AMA Championships at Road Atlanta, but crashed out at turn 6)  Anyway, we talked about racing for awhile...he was coming to Chicago to sign his new contract with Safety First Suzuki for next year's team.....

Oh well.  Just thought I would share.....
Just so long as you didn't ask.....

What's a TRE?
ss011.gif

pretty neat... last time I flew a fat guy kept trying to start a conversation about the stock market..

gimme a break man.. it's 4AM.. the only stock I own is on the back end of a shotgun.

Cool stuff
cool.gif

How long are you going to be in Chicago? I'm just 50 miles to the North up I-94.

I pissed next to Tom Brokaw at Denver's new airport... Didn't try to start up a conversation though... Seemed inappropriate at the time
tounge.gif

My wife and I are sitting on the airplane, waiting for all the passengers to board, when this guy walks down the aisle decked out in Team Zook gear.  Hat, pullover, the works.  So he sits down, and I tell my wife that he looks familiar....
So anyway, he takes off his pullover and is wearing a Schwantz Racing school T-shirt underneath.  I ask him if he went to the school - he looks dead at me and I realize that he is Opie Caylor a Formula Extreme racer and Instructor at Kevin's school.  (He actually shot the Pole at the AMA Championships at Road Atlanta, but crashed out at turn 6)  Anyway, we talked about racing for awhile...he was coming to Chicago to sign his new contract with Safety First Suzuki for next year's team.....

Oh well.  Just thought I would share.....
Just so long as you didn't ask.....

What's a TRE?
ss011.gif
No trees, but I think we did have a short discussion about a shrubbery.

Cool stuff
cool.gif

How long are you going to be in Chicago?  I'm just 50 miles to the North up I-94.
My wife and I are staying at the Westin O'Hare, but we are only here until tomorrow afternoon. We don't even have a car because this was such a short in and out..... but 50 miles isn't that far...

Last time I flew back into Dulles I ran into John Thompson in the baggage claim area. Not too hard to recognize him all 6 feet whatever of him!

i too have had the chance to meet opie--he aparently was the "lot boy" at our shop back in the day--the guys tell me he wasnt the best tech but had a nack for riding-go figure-
i got to spend the day around him when he came into town for "opie caylor day"--which was a failed attempt on our part to sell bikes lol--
anyway he was a kewl dude no doubt, really down to earth.

oh yeah i did see bridget the midget at our local strip bar here in town a couple of weeks ago

Back