So fukking enraged I cant see straight!!!!!!!!!!

I've thought about frame sliders, but couldn't stand the thought on a Busa. Like putting training wheels on your F-16. I just can't bring myself to do it.

I agree with Animal, I didn't understand WHERE ON EARTH that stuff about the bungee cord on the side-stand came from. Putting the Busa on the side-stand securely is elementary. You just have to know it's a potential trouble spot, then make sure you roll it forward in gear before setting it on the stand. That problem is solved, no bungee cord needed.

But that has nothing to do with this thread. I'll probably be ordering my plastic from To_Quick, his prices are excellent, for genuine parts.

But never mind bungee cords...if anybody can tell me how to back the Busa into a high-speed turn without losing the rear end, I'm listening.

During attachment and removal of the pit bull there is moments of vulnerability.
I fukked up, thats all there is to it.
Now I gotta pay the piper.

Too quick has given me some pretty good numbers though. This bullshitt could have paid for my cams. Thats life.

I know the feeling all too well!

Tonight while taking a left hand turn from an off-ramp. I am at the end of the turn and a nut who is trying to rush the traffic jumps in front of me. I Hit the brakes, (now remember folks bike is at a lean angle and no time to stand it up, this guys like as two foot in front of me)

So I stop, and slowly, ever slowly, my baby starts to lower on its left side, I am pulling with everything I have but it is too much weight and the turn is on a hill going down to the left. So, I think I gotta break the fall.

I now use my strength to slow the fall and watch my mirror crush under the weight.

A few scuffs on the fairng and mirror.....

**** ..... Good thing I had the centre stand installed today!

Omega... It's too late to give you this idea but I'll do it anyway.

When taking the bike off a Pitbull, put the kickstand down, lower the bike and move to the side OPPOSITE the kickstand to grab it. If you loose it going away from you , as happened to you, the kickstand saves it. If it rolls toward you it's much easier to grab. I'm a small and old guy so I take the hump off before de-Pitbulling giving me a handle on the back end to grab too.

Yes,I know it's a simple idea.

Yeah, I found lifting my 1100 onto the rear swingarm stand was easy I had somewhere to grab, the hump on the busa made that more difficult.. but once I had the hump off, instant handle. And since I am a big guy it's easy to push the lift down and stabilze the bike...

Good tip on lowering the bike! Being right handed I am always on the right side of the bike and once lowered to the kickstand I start to pull the bike to the right as I removed the swingarm stand..

I still get sick to my stomach at the thought of dropping my bike.

Reading all these posts on people who have done it..........my sympathies gents.

uughggggghhh...shudder shudder.

Back