small efforts in 2013

Do you have a drag shock? My bike is the same length and same bolt ons with 1 down and 2 up. My beat is a 9.38 at 145. 60 foot was 1.566. Iam trying to get my 60 dowm more. Only mod I plan on doimg is a revalve rear shock to help me stop wheeling. Practice makes perfect. It took me alot of launches to figure out what worked best.
Next year you will get that 8 sec pass. I plan on run my 8 next year on the bottle.
Good luck and congrats on your PB

Hallo Busakiller ...hope that doesnt mean your a Kawirider :whistle:

Yes i use a revalved Gen1 shock .
Works realy good ,after some adjustment and testing.
I had tryed a Gen2 on it ,but its much too hard/stiff for my weight and lenght ,as the spring is thicker. (~180lbs suited+4" stretch)

Here some pics and timeslips.
As you see i have to be quicker on WOT.
I prefer getting a quicker driver by time and run by run ,and opting current setup than spending just money on power , until i am not able to handle my current to the max.

375591-b270a073eae9e4fc110ee848b27da847.jpg

375592-34ca57390d14079ddb89d8942f993dbe.jpg

375593-f8cbab7216b0bddcfb992dc68a5017fa.jpg

375594-c14b47077f3f9860966f473f61033080.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol no kawi owner here. I have a gen 1 that iam building for a drag bike. I another gen1 thats turbod. Then I have a 07 gsxr 1k swb with a 40 shot.

Another year gone
So a update report about my season as every year.
Later more about it.....have to prepare for Halloween.. 18PM here now

But again a bit down on same bike >> just some more seattime and launches , and smelling the 8 every run
2016-FLUBLA-k.jpg

No tech changes since three years ,but always dropping a bit every year with seattime and without buying additional HP.

As i am only 4" stretched ,on season start i went down to 17-42 for the first two events , and fuel always 3/4 filled.
This way i tried to get faster on WOT and could launch a bit harder (hard launch for me, lol) and it helped me a lot. Stuck in high low 1.7 to high 1.6 60ft with this setup...as usual..lol
But after gearing to 17-44 and with only 1.5 gallons in tank i dropped imediatly to the 1.60
Had also some 1.5 runs , but as soon i enter 1.55 or lower i get bad wheelies on shift 1-2 or on the 330ft
Running a 40 dryshot cumming in on second gear.
Another time i had a good 1.56 , but a misshift 3-4 resulting in hitting the limiter resulted in a 9.28 which could have been a high 8

a great improvement was also installing a heater for the nitrous bottle. i thaugt it was not important for a long time , but since this season i have one installed and it helps so much to be more consistant , and the greater effect is to have always the same "feeling" in the runs.

Lockup works also better since i shimmed the static a bit and removed the washers on the weigts.
Most of our events are on normal smaller airfields wich are not prepped , so a much longer wheelstand would only result in a loss of grip. Now i am exactly at 62.2
I can go to 63 by gearing down to 16 in front ,but then the end of swingarm is reached.

Greets Bernie
PS
Advice to every average rider as me who wants to go faster >>
first max-out your bike and balls with spending only entry fees , before maxing out the wallets to buy HPs

Last edited:
Back