Small air box mod

OK I broke down and did the mod and all I can say is WOW!! I left the vaccum valve plugged in and plugged the vaccum line with a screw dropped it back in and she is read to do work!! I don't say any thing to anyone but I just let them have it now!! Thanks :beerchug:

As long as you tune for it no problems whatsoever. Your really just tuning for nitrous in this case. Off the bottle, probably not a lot of tuning needed depending on if you did other mods at the same time.

Lol it needs tuned already....brocks sidewinder, tre, r&n race filter, pc3, pair valve mod, stretched and slammed....trying to figure out next mod

So you need to have two tunes then, on and off the bottle. That is why I like using ECU Editor for two maps. Sure you can have two maps with a Powercommander but if you spend more money for the map selector, hub and harness.

well i gotta watch how much i do as I am still building my bike to be drag ready....its no where near ready to be at the track just street race at the moment......i want to bore out the motor (i think) and do alot more to it to make it more competitive with my friends 350 whp turbo busa (i know ill never get that high without turbo).....what other mods would you put on before boring it out.....hell should i even waste the 400 bucks to tune it at this time until im done

If you are going to ride it and ride it hard, yea your going to need a tune for every major change. Big bore, best headwork and reasonable cams along with Nitrous will always be a blast on the street and track. I'd wait till you get everything wanted/needed first then do it all including the tune.

I have a question. I have a post running in the Dyno Kings section...my 2007 Busa runs a full Akrapovic, PC5, Brocks PAIR blanks and a BMC race filter. Its been on 2 dynos and the mods make a healthy improvement however there is a stumble at about 4.5-5.5k rpm if the throttle is opened quite hard. Its very noticable on the dyno and easy to replicate but quite tricky on the road.

Is this likely to be the flapper actuating? Its impossible to map the stumble out.

Vindy.

The flapper is open fully at 2500RPM!
The stumble you are seeing around 4500k, is normal, and will still show with any good tune!

Thats bad news. It was never there when the bike was in standard trim. I was going to do the small airbox mod but wont bother now. If everyone feels the stumble then I will have to live with it. Its only a moment in time but annoys me.

There are so many opinions on this mod that i don't know if i should do it or not. Brock performance says not to do this mod unless you are drag racing and have their aftermarket exhausts and something else. I just have a stock 2005 busa with a KN filter. Has anyone done this to their stock bike and does it actually work. i will also like to learn how to remap and dyno my bike.

There is a stock airbox for sale in this thread, for $35
Go get it!
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/parts-modifications/169243-gen-1-part-out.html#post2962925
There are so many opinions on this mod that i don't know if i should do it or not. Brock performance says not to do this mod unless you are drag racing and have their aftermarket exhausts and something else. I just have a stock 2005 busa with a KN filter. Has anyone done this to their stock bike and does it actually work. i will also like to learn how to remap and dyno my bike.

I know I'm resurrecting an EXTREMELY old thread, but it's one that deserves to be seen more often by our fellow Busa lovers! I finally did this mod since I had the tank up because of the increased "deceleration pop" I've been having (I did the "Marble mod" to fix that). While the tank was up, I said "What the heck" and got my dremel out and went to work! Then one thing led to another and I found myself in Advance Auto picking up some new spark plugs!! And I am SOOOOOOOO happy I did, because part of my issue was that 2 of my plugs (left side) were loose!!! WTF?? So loose, I could take them out with just the spark plug socket!!! Hmmmmm I wonder how THAT was possible!! Well that's another thread in itself! After doing these three things (air box mod, marble mod and spark plugs), my baby rode extremely well! Tomorrow I'll take her out for a nice ride and really check out the differences. Thanks again GIXERHP!!

Tada!
I know I'm resurrecting an EXTREMELY old thread, but it's one that deserves to be seen more often by our fellow Busa lovers! I finally did this mod since I had the tank up because of the increased "deceleration pop" I've been having (I did the "Marble mod" to fix that). While the tank was up, I said "What the heck" and got my dremel out and went to work! Then one thing led to another and I found myself in Advance Auto picking up some new spark plugs!! And I am SOOOOOOOO happy I did, because part of my issue was that 2 of my plugs (left side) were loose!!! WTF?? So loose, I could take them out with just the spark plug socket!!! Hmmmmm I wonder how THAT was possible!! Well that's another thread in itself! After doing these three things (air box mod, marble mod and spark plugs), my baby rode extremely well! Tomorrow I'll take her out for a nice ride and really check out the differences. Thanks again GIXERHP!!

Back