Sitting under an overpass - truck broke down

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
So, my truck broke down and I am sitting under an overpass on I40. Since the tow truck will take an hour and a half... I thought I might post up. The drive was going well until the pop and loss of power. What I am hoping is that it is just a coil that popped and not a valve spring or worse :(. Oh well.

Yeah, well it looks like I will be spending the night in Winston-Salem, I wonder if there any good movies out? :)

At least you can leave the truck and trailer and ride the rest of the way home.

What time did you leave? I thought I might have passed you just West of Asheville, it was hard to tell, it was early, dark, and rainy!!!

Well, I think I will ask for another couple of days off, since if I rode home, I would just have to come back up again... I am convinced that this is karma caused by me making fun of Michelle by the fire last night... :rofl:

Sorry to hear you broke down Shawn, hope is a cheap and quick fix.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry you broke down, now if ya just had a chair to sit in LMAO

Hope its a simple fix

DROID mobile -Grumpy via Tapatalk

Did you find a use for the hammock? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This sux... But the tow truck is awesome!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg

sorry to hear about your truck! hope they are able to find the problem and fix it quickly (and it is nothing big!!) :beerchug:

Well an update. The Sears center is at Haines Mall. There is a hotel right next door.
The good news:
My truck is at the service center
I am next to the mall
I have a hotel room

The bad news:
The service center was closing when I pulled up
They gave me three reasons why they can't work on it (but is it first in line for 8:00 AM)
The mall closed at the same time as the service center
It is still raining and I am on foot...

But, I had an amazing weekend with great friends, the room has a hot bath and showtime. I will get some rest tonight and see what tomorrow brings! :)

Back