Simplicity

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
Two years ago when I began building my naked Busa Superbyke, I searched much for others' creations in unfaired, cleaned up streetfighters, musclebikes, cafe racers, etc. Every once in awhile I run across scooters that rise to the level worthy of posting on the org!
One thing that always grabs my eye is lack of clutter in the build. The best form of complexity is simplicity! Raydog

406411_254571931281679_225106004228272_633521_733189268_n[1].jpg

395646_254573414614864_225106004228272_633523_1420750865_n[1].jpg

The first (green bike) doesn't ring any bells for me BUT what struck me was, it seems so low budget, labor intensive instead, but doable for anyone motivated. Kind of a resurrection from the junkyard.

Where can I get a helmet like that and can I get a blue shield to match my bike?

Hey, I remember when that setup was State of the Art! (I'm so old I remember when full face helmets seemed so stupid)

That's a beautiful BMW. I've posted these below before but worth another look.

ace_cafe_racer_press_31.jpg

cafe%20racer.jpg

cafeemail120.jpg

cafe.jpg

I think that brown Honda (2nd photo) was featured in Cycle World, with a nice article on the builder (European?). It's impressive how the paintwork on the tank hides the crude tabs at the lower rear where the plastic side panels used to interesect the tank. And I wonder where they hid the battery.

I'd consider something like this for my '82 GS1100e if I didn't love the Hans Muth styling so much.

I think that brown Honda (2nd photo) was featured in Cycle World, with a nice article on the builder (European?). It's impressive how the paintwork on the tank hides the crude tabs at the lower rear where the plastic side panels used to interesect the tank. And I wonder where they hid the battery.

I'd consider something like this for my '82 GS1100e if I didn't love the Hans Muth styling so much.

Wow, I had a red 82 GS as well, loved that bike and hate myself for selling it(16 years ago). I actually have an old pic of it (below). BTW,re: the brown Honda, that might be either a Spondon or a Rickman frame, I agree, the open center section is what makes it so clean and pure looking! Doyle

my old bikes 002.jpg

Back