Simple economic fix

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Instead of billions and billions hows about ... ? ???

Subject: economy fix

HOW WOULD YOU FIX THE ECONOMY

What an ingenious idea.....This appeared in the St. Petersburg Times Newspaper. The Business Section asked readers all week..... for ideas on "HOW WOULD YOU FIX THE ECONOMY? This one was the best idea. I think this guy nailed it.

Dear Mr. President,

Patriotic retirement:

There's about 40 million people over 50 years old ....... in the work force - pay them $1 million a piece severance with the following stipulations:

1) They leave their jobs. Forty million job openings - UNEMPLOYMENT FIXED
2) They buy NEW American cars. Forty million cars ordered - AUTO INDUSTRY FIXED.
3) They either buy a house or pay off their mortgage - HOUSING CRISIS FIXED.

Like I have been saying, they are bailing out the wrong people!!!

Last edited:
:thumbsup: It's a great idea, sooooo it will never work in Washington :rofl: :rofl:
Like cell phone coverage, there is a dead zone of good ideas around congress :laugh:

Oh God....it's painful. Only in Florida could you...nevermind...

So...40 million times 1 million is 40 million?

Seriously? Someone call Carl Sagan, we've discovered new math! Damn it, he's dead. We'll have to get Richard Webber or Timothy Gowers.

It's actually 40000000000000 or forty TRILLION.

They make 'new American' cars? I think I've read about those in history books. ???

true, but at the rate the Gov. is spending money we will soon reach that number. all the billions given so far don't seem to be doing the job :whistle:

Oh my.

that Is THE fuzziest math I have ever seen. ever.

my God, I know you may have to use all your fingers and toes, but seriously> thats Nowhere NEAR 40 million, or even 40 billion :laugh:

Oh God....it's painful. Only in Florida could you...nevermind...

So...40 million times 1 million is 40 million?

Seriously? Someone call Carl Sagan, we've discovered new math! Damn it, he's dead. We'll have to get Richard Webber or Timothy Gowers.

It's actually 40000000000000 or forty TRILLION.

Ooooops! Oh well, good thing I'm not in charge. :whistle: Hows about just 40 mill for me ? :)

:laugh:
The math was wrong, but the principle might work.

Washington is doing the "La La La Lalalala la" song right now.

and owned by a Japan company

true...but at least it puts a few U.S. Americans to work...I'm just saying that it seems like the majority of "American" things aren't made here. I've yet to see a tag that states that the stuff my wife gets at American Eagle, with their logo on it, made in America:banghead:...heck, I'd be satisfied to include Mexico and Canada...since they are part of North America. it should be "Asian Eagle"...she'd still buy it,after all, they're pretty comfy.

You could still make it work with the 7 trillion that they tossed to the banks and every place else. That would be about 46,666.66 per every home in America. You would be able to buy 150,000,000 cars and bay down every mortgage in the country. Retirement would be out of the question but you would create 6,000,000 new jobs.

Back