Sidewinder exhaust

money mike

Registered
Hey guys, which of those sidewinder pipes would put down the most power with a 1397? thanks. and where do i find the murray ones. been searching and cant find em. Thanks!!!

Hit GoldenChild up for Murray info. I had a Muzzy 4-1, noticeable drop in tq at low rpm and increase in power up top. Brock's design is 4-2-1 which should lessen the tq reduction, but doesn't flow as well up top as a 4-1.
Any of them make good power on a big motor, but are noisy and limit right turn ability.

Thanks alot guys... Gonna roll with the Murray... That thing is super cheap!!! His site wasn't working right... does anyone have a picture of it???
Thanks guys,
Mike

If you're going with the murray(good idea) go with the small diameter megaphone. It makes better power than the large one as well as a little extra ground clearance!
Posted via Mobile Device

Is 8 hp (claimed) worth the price difference? Are you actually gonna notice it? What map did they use for the Murray? It's your money, and Brock makes good products, but he is not the only one who does......

My only counter is that if you're looking for a sidewinder, your looking to race. Will you feel 8hp, no. For racing you want every hp you can get and put down to the ground. I would rather have +8hp. :beerchug:

I do agree that there are other making power as well. :thumbsup:

Is 8 hp (claimed) worth the price difference? Are you actually gonna notice it?

OH, i see. I was thinking that as well, i jjust don't know because i talked to Murray, and he says that his puts down more power than all the other systems, but everyone says that!!! So who do you believe??? The first one to put it on paper???
I don't know Commuta, this is giving me a headache

pick the one you like and can afford. You'll be happiest this way. Also make sure there's enough clearance for your foot and rear brake lever. :beerchug:

So do YOU think that the 8hp is a "rea" hp and the pc was tuned optimally for all systems, or what???
Also, how do the sidewinder systems compare to the regular street systems hp and tq wise?
Thanks alot Bro!!!

The pc should really be tuned for your bike's specific setup. Pulling a map off the shelf is a good starting point but you'll get the most gains with a custom map. Whatever sidewinder you get it'll make more power over the other if you have your bike mapped.

Street systems will give you a broader torque curve and are much more pleasant for the street. For racing a sidewinder is the meal ticket.

Just to make you selection that much more complicated Brock's has the megaphone exhaust system which has a db killer for the street and can be removed for all out racing. It's not a sidewinder and follows the OE path for the exhaust system which helps on the streets. Personaly I feel it's a pretty good solution for both functions (street/strip).

You know Commuta, I'm not made of money and i don't know if i want to "settle" with the Murray, or save up for another 2 weeks to get the Brocks.
My fear with the murray is that i will regret it and wish i had "done it right" the first time.
But what if i get the Brocks and think, "Man, i could've used the extra $600 on a nitrous system or something!!!" I don't know... I think i'll just cross my fingers with the murray.
I wish a nuetral party had some REAL numbers!!! (but then again... don't we all LOL)

My only counter is that if you're looking for a sidewinder, your looking to race. Will you feel 8hp, no. For racing you want every hp you can get and put down to the ground. I would rather have +8hp. :beerchug:

I do agree that there are other making power as well. :thumbsup:
Agreed 100%, you need every hp you can get to the ground, but that begs the question: What about rider error/inconsistency? Is it worth the extra money for a 8 hp gain that you aren't gonna reap the benefits from every time you make a pass? In my case (an amateur wanting to go faster) it was not cost effective to drop the loot on a Brock pipe when I could get a used Muzzy for 1/3 the price.
I also agree that the Street Meg is a good choice for a bike that isn't a dedicated race bike.

love my brocks

376.jpg

Back