Should I run in engine?

RoBi

Registered
Sorry guys just a quick one.. Do you have to run in the engine or does it come out already run in?

there are lots of different thoughts on run-in/break-in... It's a big ol' can of worms... I would suggest doing what you feel is right and works for you. Sorry for the vague answer but I'm not getting in the middle of this one. :whistle::beerchug:

Run it in per the manufacturers specs. I got the feeling that Aki knew what he was talking about when they designed them. :cheerleader:

I read this article that said that a specific short break in was better than the factory recommended one. I seen the factory break in periods change over the years after i read it. With the 7 or so bikes i been through in the last 4 years it has changed.

It was something about revving the engine a few times under and off load then riding like you stole it. They broke a engine down and the piston seals where like new compared to a bike that was ridden the same but with factory break in done. The factory bike had blow by on the rings.

Back