should i feel bad about ridin

teamorion22

Registered
i have 21k on an 07 busa. I have laid it down twice and had one very minor wreck in a parking lot goin about 25mph. I have had a couple close calls but no major accidents. I am a pretty responsible rider and wear a lid, jacket, gloves, and boots 90percent of the time. Always a lid and jacket, the gloves and boots sometimes not.

Here is my situation and question. My mother left town (on a motorcycle) and asked my to keep and eye on my bro and sis, 14 and 16. She doesn't want them 2 come stay at my house which is inconvenient 4 me. Their house is about 45min away. Now if i ride, and something happens to me, noone would be around my 4 bro and sis, they couldn't get ahold of me, and I couldn't get ahold of them, or my mother.

So, do I keep riding like normal, or should I pack it in 4 2 weeks while my mother is gone? I have hid's to install and hopefully pazzo's soon, also new tires. So that my get me my fix. What do you think?

Agreed if they is an alt in case of an emergency, which there should be regardless. If you all they got turn it down a notch:laugh: Hell if you got a 14 an 16 sis an bro you should turn it down a notch anyway :rofl: You want to be there for their graduation an weddings don't ya:whistle:

As said, get a plan, ride and be safe. :thumbsup:

These are the same issues any parent/husband/wife should address if riding... I would not think twice about riding.. I doubt I would be going on any "joy rides" however..

The fact you prefaced your own thread about some lay downs and close call accidents.....makes me think you need to consider taking an refresher MSF course or reconsider your riding style. No offense bro , but you seem to be hesitant & taking a rather negative approach to begin with.
Is there something making you "uncomfortable" when you ride? ???

But to answer your question. If you are going to take your bike out...like the others have said.... Give them a back up ph number in case of an emergency.

Last edited:
If you have doubts about it you probably shouldn't do it. That's normally your brain trying to tell you to not be stupid. Life is much better when we listen to it. :beerchug:

The fact you prefaced your own thread about some lay downs and close call accidents.....makes me think you need to consider taking an refresher MSF course or reconsider your riding style. No offense bro , but you seem to be hesitant & taking a rather negative approach to begin with.

But to answer your question. If you are going to take your bike out...like the others have said.... Give them a back up ph number in case of an emergency.

+1 bro you need a little training.
Posted via Mobile Device

thanks for the replies. I am not a parent, so these are new thoughts and feelings me. I am goin 2 put her on the stands and remove some plastic. Change her oil, spark plugs, install my new hid (thanks xenonking) and pazzo shorties (thanks pashnit). Clearly I will have to take her for a lil spin after, but I'll just take it easy.

when i laid my bike over i was just testing my framesliders, and they work well. for those of you that have never laid a bike over, my hats off to you

+1 or just call it quits and buy Volvo.

I wouldn't stop riding, but would def be a bit more careful and make sure contingency planning is in place (which is a good idea regardless of the situation).

D

Back