Shortshifting problem

OB_sebastien

Registered
SoreHead,

I have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM happening all the time. You push down on the lever and it just won't downshift unless you let the clutch out a bit. The lever actually moves down but doesn't have any effect. Usually happens when coming to a complete stop and don't have time to blip and downshift while still rolling or if I feel lazy and just pull the clutch in and stop in a high gear. Then when you try to downshift while stopped, it does it for sure. Also, sometimes I cannot shift from neutral to 1st after coming to a complete stop unless I let the clutch out a bit and then pull it in again and then I can get it in 1st. Ever have that happen to you also?

sorehead: try to adjust your
thumbwheel on your clutch lever
so it puts it the furthest away
from the bars. see if that makes
any differance...

I haven't had any false neutral problems that others seem to be having (at least none that can't be traced back to my left foot). The problem I do have is when short shifting down from 4th or above. My gearbox seems to go into an eternal loop.

The only way to get around it and find neutral (or first) is to slowly ease out the clutch and I can feel the 'box clunk and then all is well.

Is anyone else finding this?

I get around it by not shortshifting but that's not really a solution.

Seb: that happens too with not going into first. I guess it's just gotta be done on the move. Oh well.

Frank: I'll try the adjustment. I have it at the closest setting right now cause I do a lot of really slow city riding and get severe pain in my hands.

Oh well. I'll live with it. Only happens while stopped or crawling. It's off to bed for a week for the bike. I'm off to Canada for a visit. :-(. I'll miss it.

Back