Shifted today 5th to 6th and bike revved freely.

nfbzike

Registered
Today i was out for a ride with the girlfriend on the back just cruising down the highway. well i went to shift from 5th to 6th at about 70 and the bike just revved up when i let the clutch back out then engaged a second later. I shifted VERy lightly and am wondering if POSSIBLY i had just accidently split the gear or something. The bike has 2200 miles on it. I wasnt accelerating hard at all or slowing down. What could the cause of this have been? I read another post that sounded ALMOSt similar then he lost the clutch.

If you dont shift it like you mean it, you sometimes will shift into a false neutral. Not a problem just shift it like you hate next time.
SHOCKED.gif

(dadofthree @ May 20 2007,18:18) And shift it like you mean it.  
laugh.gif

What'd the GF think of that  
blush.gif
The girlfriend thinks this bike is "comfortable" i dont think she fully understands HOWWWWW much more bike this is than my old superhawk. I actually wanted to never ride again after the first day on this thing.... thats how scared it made me. but im better now.

(Johnnycheese @ May 20 2007,20:14) lube your shifter pivot bolt( most dealers never do) and adjust your shifter to fit the shoe you ride with
I didn't think of that, I'm going to lube mine right now.
Thanks JC
And
bowdown.gif

Like they said.

You can also drop the shifter down a notch, although I didn't find this necessary.

I missed a couple of upshifts when I first got the bike, but it hasn't happened since - probably loosens up with more miles also.

2200 miles! now its ready for full synthetic! Feel the silk in the shift. You had the 600 mile service and still have the oil they added! Its worn out.
super.gif

Back