Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Severe jolt with new slip ons

mikedirty

Registered
I'm new to riding. I have an 03. Just recently took the stock cans off and put on some custom shorty pipe slip-ons. Now when I get up over 100mph from time to time, I don't know how to explain it but my bike will jerk/lose power momentarily/backfire/surge, almost to the point that if I'm not paying attention, I could go down. This has also occurred under 100mph. No other mods have been done besides the pipes. Does this problem mean I need a PCIII and Dyno tune?

I would throw the stockers back on and make a test run to make sure it is actually pipe related.. could just be a coincidence that something else happened at the same time..

if the problem goes away, then spend some money... (Could be the "noise" gods giving you a warning)

Try what Randy said first, then check it out. Did you have the problem before you changed the cans?

+1 it's not likely that slip-on cans would cause such a dramatic effect. That's why it's being recommended to revert back to OEM cans first before you do anything else. A sever jolt may be spark or fuel related.

Top Bottom