Sena 10u - Anyone Used This?

caspernz

Registered
Hey gang, curious to hear first hand user opinion of Sena 10U, the hideaway type of Bluetooth unit from Sena for a select number of helmets.
Was looking at just getting another Sena 20S for the wife to use in her helmet, then came across the Sena 10U which would go nicely with my Shoei Neotec as it would be tucked away. The wind noise from the 20S can be annoying, even with earplugs in, hence weighing up the 10U.
Cheers, Rob

I installed the 10U in a GT Air helmet a couple days ago. Nice clean installation. The installation instructions suck. Took me a half hour to figure out the ear phone clip in set up. Now that I have installed one, the next one will be cake. How does it work, quite well actually. He called me on my land line via helmet and I would never have guessed he was on the sena, the sound was if he was on his land line in his living room. I have no idea if it works better than the 20S, from the description it appears it's a 20S with a cleaner install. Would like to get your feedback if you decide on the 10U.

Righto, so I've gone down the 10U path. Well, 3 months ago actually. Picked up a new Shoei GT-Air, then since this helmet can take a 10U it was a no-brainer. Must admit, like Tufbusa already commented, instructions could be friendlier...
All up, nice fit in the helmet and sound quality is very good. In all fairness I only really use the 10U for rider coaching plus directions from my GPS. Yes the phone sound quality is awesome when standing still, but I'm not a fan of using phone whilst riding in urban areas. Comparable in quality to 20S, with the 10S I've also got bringing to the fore it's a more budget unit.
At speed on the track, anything above maybe 80 mph and the wind noise more or less overpowers the speaker sound. At legal speeds (100 kmh) on the open road, not an issue with volume or quality.
Have tried the 10U with my iPod, yes sound quality is good, but then as per the phone thing, I prefer to just ride.
Would I recommend the 10U? Yep, it's a nice fit into the Shoei GT-Air, looks custom and all that, so apart from being a little pricey to start with I'm happy.

Can you use ear buds with the 10U? All of the SENA stuff is useless without ear buds. Resolves the wind issues and you can enjoy the great sound quality because background noise is less. I was going to get the one with the built in camera but it wouldn't allow ear buds without a special cord that was difficult to get your hands on.

No the 10U doesn't have earbuds jack, unlike 10S and 20S. I find using earplugs cuts wind noise back significantly, so I don't need earbuds to hear Comms. It's also important to get the right fit, as in gap from speakers to ear, to get sound quality right.

Back