Secondary Injectors

rb3221

Registered
I’m looking for Secondary injectors to go on a Gen 1 hayabusa turbo. The problem I have is I cannot fit them in to the plenum. What is around that works?

I didn't quite understood your question, do you already have a plenum that accepts additional injectors
but you can't find suitable injectors or you are looking for a complete system to add on your bike?
In any case i do have secondaries fitted on mine but if i was going to do it all over again (on a gen1 and up to 300hp) i would swap the 4 stock injectors with 4 high impedance 550 cc injectors (ask which ones because i don't remember which ones give good idle) and a power commander Pti.
If you definately want secondaries then you must buy a plenum that supports additional injectors (very expensive), at least 450 cc injectors and a secondary injector controller (i have the AIC from split second).
Chris

Last edited:
Chris,

Plenum is not the problem, the problem is there is not enough room between it and the chassis rails so I was looking for something that went in to the ports and worked.

Rick

You have a number of experts around here that could probably help you out like: POWERHOUSE

Chris,

Plenum is not the problem, the problem is there is not enough room between it and the chassis rails so I was looking for something that went in to the ports and worked.

Rick
Well the only thing i know like that is the "port fueler" like this one:
http://www.turbokits.com/Suzuki/Hayabusa_GSXR1300/Fuel_Components/Hahn_RaceCraft_Port_Fueler/778/
Beware that i have heard mixed opinions on this, others like it others not, mainly because it uses the split second box (like mine).
The problem with the split second box is that it has a resolution of 1000 rpm on the rpm axis because it was actually designed for slow revving cars and it needs some tweaks like treating the Hayabusa engine like a one cyllinder two stroke engine.
If you have someone like Powerhouse close to you it would be wise to ask them also.
I hope i helped.
Chris

I was looking at the "port fueler", but I was seeing mixed reviews. Car guys think their great but some of the bike guy don't.
Controller wise I don't care about theirs, as the bike has a stand alone system and it will run the extra injectors.

Then you better try to contact some of them.
If you have a stand alone and the problem bikers have is software related (probably the split second box)
then i can't see any problem.
Now if the problem is mechanical then yes i wouldn't buy the system either.
In any case ask the more experienced people, maybe you can adapt the gen2 throttle bodies for use with the gen1 head like this https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/threads/throttle-boddies-gen2-on-gen1.148152/
Chris

I think I may have to go with the Port Fueler kit. I seen that schnitz racing was making one with a bit better injector angle, but it looks like they no longer make it. I will also look at the gen2 TB's.

Back