scott oiler

welshbusa

Registered
Hi All, New Gen 3 owner-traded my Gen 2 in for her, I would like to fit a scott oiler but there doesn't seem to be as much room under the pillion seat as previous models-has anyone done this and have they any pictures? thanks

I use the xSystem 2.0. It was surprisingly easy to install as the battery is close to the rear sprocket. Having attached the wires to the battery, I fixed the system unit to the rearset with three zipties. It stays in place because I hooked the middle tie to the right one. Its esily accessible for refill, but not perfectly upright, so won't utilize the reservoir's full capacity. Didn't find it a problem.
After that, the tube can be routed on the chainguard, but carefully so it doesn't touch the exhaust. Very short route. The dispenser itself is screwed on with the paddock stand bobbins and drips onto the chain/sprocket.
Installed in June 22, checked it many times since, everything works.

Sorry for the dirty bike and uncut ties, I was excited to install the system but cleaned up afterwards.

Should you have any questions, shoot. The bike is winterized yet but can take additional photos if necessary.

20220619_152228.jpg

20220619_152207.jpg

Thanks Miklos a dirty bike just means its been used! Steve any pics would be great, was hoping to put it under the seat but its seems a bit tight

the best way to mount the scotty is in an angle of ca. 30°
that insures that really all oil-volume can be used.

my exp. of dozens of already installed scott-oilers

and
if the blue oil (0-30°C) doesn´t flow anymore nice (at temps lower 10-12°C) put 5 ccm of fuel (petrol) into the scotti (syringe) to slightly reduce the viscosity (oil dilution)

Back