Scorpio ?

mzrsq

Busaless
Donating Member
Registered
I should (fingers crossed) have my parts back from powdercoat this week and can finally button her all back up.

Since installing the Scorpio alarm, I still haven't put the tail section back on cause I'm waiting for the screens, so the alarm antenna has just been laying there.

My question is, where have you guys routed the antenna to get the best/farthest reception?

Thanks
Scott

Thanks, just wasn't sure if the antenna needed to be exposed, or if it was alright to have it inside the tail?

Thanks, just wasn't sure if the antenna needed to be exposed, or if it was alright to have it inside the tail?

The Scorpio alarm system works on FM signals, and plastics dont tend to obstruct those signals! So its ok to leave it in the tail. I have left the antenna of my system in the tail and have not had any problems with the range of the alarm system.

<!--EDIT|shenoyp
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112594994 -->

I also have the antenna in the tail section and have had no problems with the signal...you should be fine with it back there....

Yep, the Scorpio installation guide states that the only thing you need to avoid is having the entire antenna covered by metal. As long as some portion of the end of it is under a non-metal covering (e.g. plastic) it seems to work fine. I routed mine alongside the seat and it works OK.

It doesn't need to "hang out" or trail along the ground...
smile.gif

Back