Saturday night ride

busa1300nut

Registered
I rode to Gatlinburg Sat. night, like always, and on the way home, when I pulled onto the strip, I could see 10 or 12 headlight,s behind me. A bike pulls up next to me and say,s, nice Busa, I reply to him, nice R1, o4 model, we continue down the strip, and I notice all the headlight,s are now behind me and the R1, which had his wife on board also. For you that don,t know the area, there is a 4.5mile road between Gatlinburg and Pigion Forge called the spur. Nothing but twisty,s and a tunnel. As we enter the spur, the ride get,s pretty heated up, and the next thing I know, it,s like road Atlanta, all these bike,s come up behind me and I just hold my line, and keep in mind, I ride this rode 1 or2 times a week, so at the end of the spur, I,m still the lead bike, and we all pull into a BP station, and as we get off our bike,s and start to shoot the breeze, here is what I saw that was behind me. 3 o4 R1,s, two 2up, 4 zx12r,s, 4zx10,s and one honda 900rr. As I introduce myself, I found out that the R1,s are from the local Honda, Yamaha dealer, 1 salesman, and 2 techs. They all told me that they thought they were chasing a GSX 1000,they said they never though that it might be a Busa, and I must say, the look on there face was PRICELESS. So I ask one of the guy,s on thr R1, have you checked out any of the zx10, s, and he said no, I,m really wanting to check out a Busa. So to make short story long, I,m meeting them at the thurs. night bike night, the Honda Hoot is in town, and we are going to go out and PLAY a little, I,ll post the result,s as soon as I get home.

Cool....good story. Sounds like fun.
biggrin.gif

YES!!! Spread the word! The Busa can handle!!!
I love it! The Busa is the F-14 of the sportbike world.
Just make sure you wash your hands after handing them their ass.
laugh.gif

thumbs-up.gif

bowdown.gif

pirate.gif

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "973"|1087870795 -->

i vacation in gatlinburg and love that road although i never had the busa there.nice road and nice view of the little pigeon river. i even honeymooned there and stayed at the skyland motel. next time ill get in touch cause im coming in october! maybe ill trailer up if theres no snow. ride safe bro. peace Tim

Right on !! When I ride with my local bike riding club, after doing a few runs through the twisties the boys are always "WTF !! HTF can that Busa carve so well !! WOW !!"
cool.gif

I suprised a few peole already also.. riding up palomar mnt 2 up i had a new 600rr tell me afterwards he thought he could run with me since I had a passenger. but once we hit the twisties I was gonna and he said Fug that... I love how my bike feels with about an extra 100 pounds feels on the back end.  at the end of the day i checked my tires and they wore torn up pretty good but what i thought was cool.. I went to the edge so far that it deflected the edge (on the back tire) and i have a small black ring right at the top of the sidewall.. kind of was freaky knowing i was that far over.  I dont hang off with a passenger so it was all countersteering.

<!--EDIT|briXXer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1088180734 -->

Well, it rained thur., so partII will be delayed. But stay tuned, I,m heading to Gatlinburg tonight.-------------------------------------
wink.gif

Back