Running no pipes

armybusa

Registered
i was thinking of running no mufflers, just a pipe running under my bodywork. will that harm the engine at all, and will it add a lil to the horse power. i know it will make it a lil louder, but i dont want to hurt anything in the motor.

It will be REAL loud and you won't gain any HP....it will lose some low to mid range torque (power)
wink.gif

looks to me like the lose of all bake prssure will burn a valve but im no mechanic ..You try to let the motors breath but to much and it wont last for long IMAO

From what I have heard, your bike can be tuned with a PC to run with no pipes(well, with mid-pipes)without causing any damage. Crazy loud when you are hitting 9-10K RPM's though! Thrasherfox on the board here has run his without cans for quite awhile now with no issues. I think I might be doing the Thrasherfox mod here in a couple weeks.

The Thrasherfox mod makes tha Busa sound like nothing else. Absolutely beautiful!

Be prepared to piss off some neighbors, however.

biggrin.gif

--Wag--

https://www.hayabusa.org/cgi-bin/busa/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=11;t=19228;hl=thrasherfox

There is plenty of pipe there to protect the valves, but you will loose power unless you do some serious adjustments in air/fuel.

That sucker will be mega loud!!

UNLESS YOUR HARD OF HEARING AND YOU LIKE THINGS LOUD, I WOULD KEEP THE PIPES ON!! DO or DID YOU WORK IN ARTILERY ARMYBUSA?? in all seriousness though... i would keep them (pipe or pipes) on... I like to enjoy my ride, if its to loud its just not enjoyable to me...
wink.gif
wink.gif
cool.gif

wink.gif

I like tone over loudness but to each their own i guess... no pipes gives even the busa a whiny buzzy sound thats OVERLY annoying at higher rpms. But as long as you dont live around me lol.

well, i i have been shooting off mortars and m4s for 3 years now, so i can handle it loud, i was just looking for some hp gains. i thought if the air had a better flow it would give it to me.

actually like they said above it would kill your low range rpms and torque and make it extremly loud. if you want hp gains you need to buy a full system headers and all... not slip-ons...

i have a full rs3 carbon, but i was looking for a cheap way to gain some more hp. i also have a pc111 power commander, and i have a mps 40 hp dry nitrous kit i have to put on. i have heard of cutting a pipe or something in frount of the engine and pluging both ends, i just dont know what they were talking about. anyone know.

Back