Rpm Drop

zer0gh0st

Registered
Bike starts and runs fine, but once warm it will noticably drop power and then jump back. Its done it in all gears and seems to be at 4k rpm. It will drop down to 3k and then right back.
Im going to check the fuel line and make sure my kickstand sensor is fine. Any other ideas? I'm not receiving any codes either. Its a 2011.

Is there a "flat" spot in the power band where the bike slows down a bit at a 4k, and then resumes power? Or does the power completely cut out at 4k?

It will rev up fine its when you maintain a certain rpm that it cuts back and then jumps up again. Nothing goes dim etc. It felt like it was lacking power but its only intermittently. My last busa had an issue with the kickstand sensor this doesn't feel the same to me. I just took it for a spin and it seemed to be sluggish at times then back to normal then dropping rpms again. This time it didnt just do it at 4k rpms, though it was mostly in that area.

It seems to be ok at higher rpm. I did have a moment where the whole thing bogged down and sounded like it was struggling to get any power but it only last like 60 secs.

If it is intermittent and doesn't happen under load then my guess is electrical. Maybe buy a cheap voltmeter gauge (5-6$ ebay from China) and mount it somewhere you can see it when riding. If the bike's voltage drops at the same time it looses power then start looking at the stator or rectifier.

Did you say you checked the fuel filter? Pretty new bike for a clogged filter but that fits the symptoms......

Did you say you checked the fuel filter? Pretty new bike for a clogged filter but that fits the symptoms......

+1
But more and more gen2s are getting filter and pump problems. Just their age.
I don't think ethanol is helping it either.

Yeah, not sure if you fixed yours yet. I got it to work but then the sensor went crazy. I had hoped the screw just got loose but the sensor was bad. 180.00 stupid sensor. Seems shitty it only has one screw; the gen1 has two I believe because I was going to cannibalize my wrecked one.

Back