Roughly how many miles do the Gen-1 motors hang in there for?

lol!:laugh:

A1hs.jpg

I never ride above my abilities or comfort level... hell, I do not even lay on the tank till around 130 mph. I am looking in to a Spyder NO2 setup for it now! ;-)
With the shift fork things will something just no longer work if you bend one, or is there a specific sound/symptom that would alert me to a problem in that department?
P.S. Ask Dale Earnheart Sr about just HOW safe a "closed track", "professional" drivers, roll bars, and 6 point harness are! ;-)
I ride like I am invisible as PLAN on stupid drivers doing the unexpected. How fast DO YOU LADIES ride your Hayabusas on the public roads!? Maybe some of you should look in to a nice Honda Shadow 250cc (or a Hardly Ableson), and sell that poor under-revved 'Busa to somebody with the balls to turn it loose!
TITTIES! :-)

Welp shift forks bend or break a common sign is grinding into gears and popping out of gears. If it totally breaks on you you could see a locked up trans which would be fun....

Now onto riding habits...I'm no angel be the first to admit it. I have been riding busas since they been making them have had 5 different years and run them in the twisties harder than anyone i ride with and know. I have been 200+ gps confirmed on 2 different busas and loved it. It not a matter of stones.....Its a matter of growing up and showing some common frickin sense. I am not judging you nor do i honestly care how you ride. I was just making a small hinting suggestion that 180+ on public roads is a really bad idea. Sure your god and are ready for anything that happens. I ask you this......Just how much reaction time do you think you have at 180 to an emergency situation? Food for thought is all.........Rubber side down brother, don't ride faster then your guardian angel can fly....

Welp shift forks bend or break a common sign is grinding into gears and popping out of gears. If it totally breaks on you you could see a locked up trans which would be fun....

Now onto riding habits...I'm no angel be the first to admit it. I have been riding busas since they been making them have had 5 different years and run them in the twisties harder than anyone i ride with and know. I have been 200+ gps confirmed on 2 different busas and loved it. It not a matter of stones.....Its a matter of growing up and showing some common frickin sense. I am not judging you nor do i honestly care how you ride. I was just making a small hinting suggestion that 180+ on public roads is a really bad idea. Sure your god and are ready for anything that happens. I ask you this......Just how much reaction time do you think you have at 180 to an emergency situation? Food for thought is all.........Rubber side down brother, don't ride faster then your guardian angel can fly....

I feel ya bro, I only do it on LONG straightaways of I-95 or other highways, I slow down way harder and sooner then I need to (just in case that random car you DIDN'T see pops outta nowhere), I do not ride wheelies and just about every time I scrape a peg is accidental.
I just DO NOT se the point in having a Hayabusa only to idle back and fourth to church on it. That is EVEN MORE lame then the dudes with the huge lifted trucks on swampers, that NEVER take them off roading.... Whats the point. Still, a little (safe) advice never hurt anyone, I was just messing with yall a bit.

What tires were you running when you hit 200?

Also, no matter how heavy of nuts I have... a LOCKED UP transmission and I turn in to superman in the blink of an eye...NOT COOL! SOOOO, now I am even more curious about the symptoms of an possibly unhappy shift fork as I am REAL big on maintenance (betting my hide on it) and would have it fixed right away? Also what is your definition of "Banging through the gears". Like just getting on it from stop to 100+mph as fast as possible OR not clutching properly while doing so? I like to keep my ride at 110% I have been like that since I started riding when I was 14, 6 bikes later, I am 33 now so my angels MUST be fast (thank god cause I need em).

banging threw the gears no clutch shifting throttle wide open...honestly the hardest shifting is 1 2 and usually 3 that really is were you would be most likely to see this damage. These bikes are built brick tough. Motors are truely bullet proof. Stock lower ends handle stupid 400+ hp. Trannies are a little more tender but still tough. I dont like to preach to anyone really about riding and habits there in. I just get concerned about life in generally when i read some folks posts. Then i think to myself welp when you was younger you did the same crap. Then i think ya you did and so did your friends and 3 of them are no longer alive because of it. Finally, i then remember the folks that "preached" to me and others and then wish i had listened. Like i said to each his own, Keep the old girl on the straight and narrow!

HECK NO I would never do that to my bike :-0
I shifted from first to second ONCE with no clutch in a (semi) slow turn when the tip of my left boot scraped the road and thus up-shifted. THAT will make you pucker up a bit! lol
I appreciate your concern though, sorry to hear about your friends. I do try to be careful-ish.
Well that just about wraps up this thread. I now feel even more confident in the Busa motors reliability.
Next.... a NO2 thread!
WHOOP WHOOP!

I have 63k on my '01 that I got in 05 with 26xx miles on it. Only problem I had was the gen 1 starter gear "issue". I replaced it with a new gear and its been fine ever since.

Abilities aside, this bike can do 180 all day long and do so so easily you take for granted that you are going to be dead before the bike lets you know you're going to fast. I'd say ride safe but that is a relative statement for you.

I think that all of you doom criers should have to send me $100 for EVERY birthday I have from now since you all seem SO sure that I will go splat soon.
Thanks to all for the replies and good motor info!
I hope that all of the safety nuts (why the heck did yall buy Hayabusas again????) do NOT eat at McDonalds (or any other trans fat dealer) and DO wear condoms cause that stuff will kill yall, WAY sooner then my riding abilities will kill me!

TITTIES! :-)

Ride however you like. It's your choice. We all have stretched the legs on this bike. You might hear from a few here who have been through the whole arrest and court system because of this bike. They were invincible, til they weren't. I helped one who got popped for 167. He was able to stay out of jail. But he lost his bike, his license and it cost him more than he paid for his bike in fines by the time it was over. That was a GOOD outcome for him.

You got a badass bike dude. You're a badass dude. You gotta really phuck up to phuck up this bike. Best of luck to you.

As to tires there are several good Y and Z rated tires that are regularly tested and reported on the board here. You want mileage or grip or a combo? You can go cheap Shinko's or you can go high end Dunlop's etc.

at 40K mine was running great . alot of commuting and a few drags lots of burnouts and wheelies the first few years. then I had it bored out . it was still running great.I don't let it warm up very long but I do baby it till its warm, then its on! Only did the 500 mile service got a good tuner here every 20k.

Back