Rod's Mullet In It's New Home In Canada

Shaft

Registered
Hey everyone,

As some of you may know, I purchased Rod's Mullet back in February.

I finally got it in my possession and have begun an over haul. Rod's work was nothing short of a master piece.
You can clearly see how much time and effort was put into his build. I'm very thankful to be the new owner and finishing his dream of a built engine with the Ultra kit.

In the meantime, sent the fuel injectors for cleaning and have begun cleaning the rest of the fuel system.

Cheers everyone!

Update: Heat exchanger has been found

IMG_8527.jpg

IMG_8528.jpg

IMG_8534.jpg

IMG_8537.jpg

IMG_8539.jpg

IMG_8546.jpg

IMG_8548.jpg

IMG_8550.jpg

IMG_8552.jpg

IMG_8553.jpg

Last edited:
Just an FYI the intercooler never made on the bike, from Rod's build. So the cooler was at his house, not his parents house. So im sure its long gone!

Oil cooler was found. It was in his parents house. But yes the inter cooler is still at large lol.

I'll double check his build. I 99.9% he had it mounted. The plenum that's on the bike has water in/outlets. So could one make shift the oil cooler to be a water cooler? Is that what the inter cooler was doing anyways, just cooling the water for the plenum?

He had pics, from when he bought the kit used, some of it never got used, because doing things different.
Oil cooler was found. It was in his parents house. But yes the inter cooler is still at large lol.

I'll double check his build. I 99.9% he had it mounted. The plenum that's on the bike has water in/outlets. So could one make shift the oil cooler to be a water cooler? Is that what the inter cooler was doing anyways, just cooling the water for the plenum?

Ill be perfectly honest here, it never went on the bike because Rod didn't like how it looked. He was disgusted with how the previous owner of the parts could beat parts sooo bad.
He took a bunch of the parts and refinished them before installing them on the bike.
But the intercooler is a cut down radiator, the mounts on the front of the radiator.
Many people are mounting them with electric fans in the rear under tail area.

glad to see this in someone's hands that will complete Rod's dream and make the Mullet all it was meant to be :beerchug:

I thought the intercooler is the part built into the plenum itself as the core of that model plenum. the part shown missing is the heat exchanger that needs the pump to move water into the intercooler part of plenum?

The piece in front of radiator, is exchanger not the intercooler core.. If you need the parts lmk and i can have richard make and ship to you..

rccexch.jpg

The piece in front of radiator, is exchanger not the intercooler core.. If you need the parts lmk and i can have richard make and ship to you..
Yes you're 100% correct on that. That heat exchanger was located and is being shipped to me. Was found in their box of stuff.

So now another thing has come up. The clutch slave cylinder has cracked around the housing. My guess it has heavier clutch springs installed. The bike has a 330 OSD. Is there a support bracket that will fit this kit?

Any ideas??

Thanks.

clutchslave.jpg

i have never seen a save support for a 330 kit, but im sure something can be made.
Sae outlaw Performance might be able to help

Save your funds and do the NLR Boost Comp Clutch. No Need For Heavy Springs Then. It's what we have done for customers..

Save your funds and do the NLR Boost Comp Clutch. No Need For Heavy Springs Then. It's what we have done for customers..
Yes I'd love that.. Won't be able to execute anything like that until next year. I need to save till then. For this summer what is my bandaid? I have ordered a new slave cylinder and I need to remove these HD springs.

Back