Riding w/ pashnit: exploring the ca central coast

Outstanding, great pics. Ah, your camera didn't catch on fire did it
rock.gif
laugh.gif
cool.gif

One out of eight Americans live in one state, California. That photo essay puts a face on the arithmetic. You can check out anytime you like but......

Some of those scenes look familiar. Is that where "Then came Bronson" was filmed?

Wow! Great pics Pashnit. You really sucked me in with your great pics and captions. My mom got married at Big Sur.

Love N. CA, much different than southern Cal.

Thanks guys, you guys are awesome! Glad you enjoy these so much. It's sort of like writing a mini book, but so many people look at these threads, has to be done (my previous big ride thread is at 20,000 views).

One out of eight Americans live in one state, California. That photo essay puts a face on the arithmetic. You can check out anytime you like but......[/QUOTE]

Very true newmill, one of those funny things about California. Yes, there are tons of people, but they're mainly concentrated in specific spots. The places that have the best riding - there are NO people. Take San Francisco for example, you can ride 20 minutes and easily be in the absolute middle of nowhere.

some of those pics are just amazing. You definately know how to capture the perfect pics. The details of the rolling fields and ocean shots are breathtaking. Makes me want to go ride and enjoy the scenery. Not sure what kind of camera you have but it takes great pictures........[/QUOTE]

Pain, thanks man, that region of California is known for those rolling hills. One other place that has those is Marin County just north of San Francisco, lot of dairy farms up there too. This region in the pics is just huge cattle ranches with very few people. Also, a lot of the Sierra Nevada foothills looks like that, between like 400-1500 feet in elevation. Although keep in mind the super-green only lasts during spring. They don't call it the Golden State for nothin'.

man...how you do find all these awesome places, Pashnit? I'm loving it...absolutely lovin it!
drooling3.gif
[/QUOTE]

pacificbusa- May sound a bit odd, but I've gone out and ridden them one at a time, crossing them off as I go. Not all just yet, but definitely in search of the ultimate road. Busa works well as explorin' machine on almost any type of road.

Pashnit how many miles have u put in that busa of yours? Is it still the same engine?[/QUOTE]

umairhashmi- 'Bout 30K I've put on it I suppose in last 2 1/2 years. I mainly just use it for traveling and road trips. I have a 2nd bike for commuting and putzing. And yes same engine, all stock except PCII, 4-in-1, air box mod, muzzy fan, etc. in case you're curious on all the mods- but $9K worth. Bit of a sickness among busa owners.

Some of those scenes look familiar. Is that where "Then came Bronson" was filmed?[/QUOTE]

You got it Kweave! Although there are several of those bridges all built in the early 1930's and look somewhat similar, that one in the pic is probably the biggest and most famous and used in the opening shot of Bronson's ole series.

Bixby Bridge along Hwy 1

124_2494_BixbyBridge.jpg

No words do it justice. I am moved, once again, by your contribution and sacrifice. It isn't easy to capture, to prepare, and to present to us these pictorials. I appreciate your diligence more than you know.

No words do it justice. I am moved, once again, by your contribution and sacrifice. It isn't easy to capture, to prepare, and to present to us these pictorials. I appreciate your diligence more than you know.
Hey Vegas, here's a quickie story for you. This was pointed out to me by Rick, the fella on the VFR, something I hadn't really thought of. But in order to get this series of shots on Parkhill Rd like this one of Rick... I had to pass the riders 3 times. So I'd set out first, ask for a 60 second head start, blast off the nearest good spot.

Hop off the bike, still running, already have the camera turned on, get set up & the dial the camera in real quick- panning takes a bit of practice since the riders are zipping by me. Shoot the riders as they ride by. Last guy goes by, hop on the Busa, blast past everybody (granted these are the slow folks), get set up again, reshoot everybody. Did that three times. Hayabusa's are good for that sort of thing. Less than 100 hp, need not apply. Busa is very fun bike.
muscle.gif
muscle.gif
biggrin.gif

Img_1707-Rick.jpg

muscle.gif

Back