Rider Safety Gear

MikesGSX1300RK9

Registered
Can anyone comment on good back protectors. My Joe Rocket "Military Spec" armored jacket has a pad over the back area, but I believe I want something more substantial that will protect my spine all the way down to my butt crack. I think the Forcefield Sub 4 might be one option.

Forcefield Pro Sub 4 Back Protector - webBikeWorld

Also, what other gear might I want to consider? Need something for my knees... I'm a runner and really want to protect my legs in the event of a crash.

Are the inflatable vests worth the $$? What would be a good replacement for denim jeans?

Just trying to gear up for the fall... have spent a lot of cash on a new bike, and believe it would be wise to invest in suitable protective gear above and beyond what I already own (helmet, gloves that I personally believe are too thin, and a Joe Rocket armored jacket that may or may not be adequate in an accident--has no real padding for elbows, etc., just plastic to protect against scrapes.)

Most built-in armor (back, shoulder and elbow) in reputable jackets will serve you just fine. I am particularly happy with my Alpinestars ATL jacket since it also has a built-in chest pad. Kevlar-reinforced jeans (Shift, Speed-and-Strength, etc.) if you cannot wear leathers all the time. Then slap on ICON's knee/shin guards. And since you're the matching set kind of guy, might as well look into the rest of ICON's line of armor

showImage.jsp
showImage.jsp

showImage.jsp
showImage.jsp

showImage.jsp

Last edited:
I have an alpinestars back protector with a chest plate. It seems like a nice piece. I think it was around $175 or so. It fits nicely under my suit. can hardly notice it really. I dont use the chest plate though.

Back