Rider down (some time ago, lol)

Actually, it looked great, and was not that hard to maintain. UNTIL I polished the extended arm. That was a bad idea, but I could not afford to chrome it at the time, and bare just looked, well.... Bare! :laugh:

Since we are both ok, the bike thing just makes me sick.. I had finally gotten it into the 5's at the dragstrip. Did it the day before, went 5.99 @ 126 on the spray, with lots left in it.... I saved for that bike for years before I could buy it. Paid $10208 OTD in 04 for it....

But it is gone now, and I have the white one to obsess over now. And you can bet your butt this one will have NO polished aluminum!:thumbsup:

Thats funny. When I bought my busa that was the 1st thing I said too, no chrome or polished aluminum...Im tired to polishing. At the time I was living 1 mile off a dirt road so it was a daily thing. I would detail it over the weekend and everyday when I got to work I would spend another 15mins touching it up. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Chrome does not bother me.... A spritz of windex or detailer and wipe it clean. My polished stuff was not bad, I did the frame a couple times a year, just to spruce it up. The swingarm was impossible to keep looking nice, though.

The new bike is waiting on all it's shiny bits to arrive.. Going black chrome on this one:cheerleader:

I've been chrome free for almost 2yrs now and I don't live on a dirt road anymore so maybe it's time to put some shiny parts on my busa..... Right now I'm powder coating stuff gold. I have the black/orange 08 busa. The forks are gold (stock) and the radiator/oil cooler guards I put on are gold too. I liked it so I found someone here with gold rims to swap for my black ones. Just put gold bar ends on and now Im getting ready to send my rear sets and levers out. I used to buy whatever I wanted for my bike, but Im not single anymore. Got married last year and I have a 12yr old step daughter, a 8yr old step son, and a 4 1/2 month old son. My wife works but she gets paid in peanuts so my income went from just paying for me and my toys to supporting 5. Now my bike is the last place my money gets spent.

Family comes first, I understand. That is why I had to wait so long to buy my first Busa. I do not believe in financing the heck out of a toy. My first bike I had payments of $64 a month for aabout 2.5 years. This one would be about the same, but since I got 0% I am paying $96/month. Unlike a lot of my friends, when the place I had worked for 7 years closed the doors, I did not have to sell anything:thumbsup:

I hear you about the dirt road thing.... I have to ride about 150 yards on a gravel road to get to the pavement. IT SUCKS!

Back