research on saddlebags/tail bag/tankbags

busabbad

Registered
race.gif

looking at style and function for my 05 red/ black busa. anyone have either cortech or joe rocket products and are you happy with them? any problems with saddle bags scratching paint. plz let me know ......THANKS
crazy.gif

I have the Joe Rocket Velocity bags. They don't make them under that name anymore. They are now called Rapid Transit Recon bags in all black. I believe the tank bag changed and they added a soft side to the saddle bags to keep from scratching the paint. I love my JR bags just wish it had the soft side on the saddle bags.

Cortech mini tank bag and 24" tailbag with extended bungee bolts.  Worked well for a two week tour w/o unsightly saddle bags.

IMG002__Small_.JPG

i have not goton any wet but been thinking of the recon or the nelson riggs

I have the cortech sport bags and tail bag. They look good, and have lots of room for stock turn signals and plenty of passenger leg room,if thats important to you. The down side is the saddlebags are not very spacious. If they were expandable they would be perfect. They come in red, blue, and black. They have a nice neoprene anti-scratch pad on the back of them. I still use clear duct tape on the tail section though.
I just took some pics yesterday of them on the bike, but can't get them to load. Shoot me an email and an addy if you want and I can send them to you.

Rapid Transit makes good stuff, I almost never leave without mine on the bike. You get spoiled having room for cool weather gear, camera, etc. without having to go unlock the hump, unscrew fasteners and then put it all back.
smile.gif

P.S.- And yes you can tuck in over it!

Bag3.JPG

Forgot to mention busabbad, I'd stay away from the red Cortech sportbags. If they fade a little, they will probably look pink. Not a good thing for a Busa.

Twisted throttle had one that mounts to a quick-release on the fuel tank lid. It looked like it would work great on the busa. Even has an add on for a gps or radio that mounts in the front. I don't think they show it on the web site. It contours to the top and rear of the tank without touching it. P:retty cool I thought.

I have the Silver T Bags magnetic tank bag on my 06 Limited and love it. Really goes with the flow of the bike, doesn't look bulky and has plenty of room. Kind of pricey though.

newbie.gif
jump9.gif

bought tourmaster sport saddlebags and sport tailbag....looks great together ( black color) match's my 2 pc expandable tankbag and give enough storage for sport touring ........thanks for all the feedback!!

I am the original skeptic. really wanted hard bags on my busa but didn't have the coins.

buddy talked me into the Cortech Sport three piece set and I just knew I'd regret the purchase.

WRONG. these bags look like they were made for the 'Busa. excellent mounting system that is on/off in no time flat.

forget the rain covers. everyone says they won't stay on. NO BIGGIE. use plastic bags inside the Cortechs, everything stays dry. simple and problem free.

Bags are well made.

(redliner100 @ Dec. 16 2006,06:13) I am the original skeptic. really wanted hard bags on my busa but didn't have the coins.

buddy talked me into the Cortech Sport three piece set and I just knew I'd regret the purchase.

WRONG. these bags look like they were made for the 'Busa. excellent mounting system that is on/off in no time flat.

forget the rain covers. everyone says they won't stay on. NO BIGGIE. use plastic bags inside the Cortechs, everything stays dry. simple and problem free.

Bags are well made.
Pics please !

Cortech is good ! the rain covers not so good though. Mine blew off at 70 mph.

Bike___colorado_2005_pics_008a.JPG

Back