Report your GEN II Busa Issues here.

I have a similar issue with mine. Shifting from Neutral to 1st is difficult sometimes. It gets to the point where I have to go to 2nd to get moving. But once I am moving I can get back down to 1st with no issues.

Seems to be 1 out of every 10 times I try to go from N to 1 I get this issue.
Are you downshifting to 1st gear before you come to a stop? You should be.
yes, i down shift all the way down to first. but if i am at a redlight or something i put it in N and take a stretch break.

when it's time to move again and i attempt to put it in 1 that is when I have the issue. It's quite embarrassing...
Man I have the same problem with my '08. I finally stopped shifting to neutral at a stoplight for fear of not being able to get her back in first when the light turns green. I had to start her off in seconds a few times just so I wouldn't hold up traffic. At long lights it does feel nice to be able to let off the clutch and rest the left hand but with this bike I'm too affraid to do it in traffic. Rolling it back and fourth works sometimes but not all the time. Mine will even do it as soon as you start it up sometimes.  
crazy.gif

URBAN COWBOY
How many miles on the bike?

I have some questions:

Has anyone de-restricted their '08 yet? If so, could you detail it here? Manufacturer, costs etc...
Any more word about a possible recall for the tail section?
Best choice of pipes?
I had a '99 'Busa that I used mainly as a sport-tourer. Any recommendations on hard bags?
Electronic recommendations? GPS, Radar Detector etc...

Thanks in advance. I'll be picking up my new '08 in August to ride the Pacific coast. Paid in full, still in the crate, but I'm in Kuwait.

OK
I'm at a little below 1500 miles
1) FI light came on and would not go off, then the bike stops!!!
wtf.gif
Happened about 5 times! I thought about what I may have done to cause this.
banghead.gif

Then I remembered that I had jumpered the wire for the clutch so that I would not have to pull the clutch to start the Bike (worked on my old 750!). So I pulled over, removed the tape and the jumper then plugged the wires back into the clutch assembly. EVERYTHING seems fine now.
clap.gif

clap.gif
clap.gif

2) Got that same Neutral to First at a stop light issue.

3) When coming to a stop and down shifting the Gear Indicator seems a bit slow to show the current gear.

clap.gif

clap.gif

I get the problem going from nuetral to 1st at lights, but if I roll the bike backwards it seems to go right in gear. I've owned 3 Suzuki's 97 TL1000, 01 GSXR1000, 08 Busa they all have done it. I have gotten a couple false nuetrals going from 5th to 6th, but probly from me not shifting hard enough not to much of an issue. Last I get a tapping noise when I start the bike when it's cold I have a full Yosh R-77 so I'm not sure if it's the exhaust heating up or the engine. I don't hear it to much once the bikes hot and can't remember if it did it before the exhaust. Oh yea mileage is 1098 miles.

Sounds like a number of your bike's issues have a common denominator: electrical. Perhaps you've got a bad ground, a pinched wire, a defective battery, or some other bugga boo that's making your bike nuts. It should be perfect out of the crate.

Bought my 08 on October 3 2007 and with just six miles on the clock, the clutch was slipping. A big HELL NO!!! and I turned her around and went back to the dealership to get it resolved. Hoping there was just some air in the line, we bled her off. Headed home with no troubles. She sat in the shop for a day and then I decided to take her out and spend the day with her. When I decided to stretch her legs, clutch slipping. Went back home and bled out the clutch fully. Took her out for a hard romp and all was good. Next morning on the way to work, she started slipping so badly I knew I wouldn't make it there. Long story short, inside the crappy cast master cylinder where the molds press together and leave the excess, some of the material flaked off and got into the return line, which in turn caused the pressure to build slightly with each clutch pull until eventually it would keep the clutchs open causing them to slip. Bleeding it was misleading because it would temporarily fix it. Easy fix, just a pain in the ass to figure out at first. Hope no one else has this prob, but if you do, not to worry, a good flush will solve the troubles.

My problem is as follows:

Suzuki has really screwed up- I'm spending way too much time and money, that could be going towards my wife. I've even taken a vacation time already soley because of this motorcycle. I even have memory problems now. I get on the bike and forget about all the BS that is going on around me.

Damn you Suzuki
Nicely put!!!
laugh.gif

Bought my 08 on October 3 2007 and with just six miles on the clock, the clutch was slipping. A big HELL NO!!! and I turned her around and went back to the dealership to get it resolved. Hoping there was just some air in the line, we bled her off. Headed home with no troubles. She sat in the shop for a day and then I decided to take her out and spend the day with her. When I decided to stretch her legs, clutch slipping. Went back home and bled out the clutch fully. Took her out for a hard romp and all was good. Next morning on the way to work, she started slipping so badly I knew I wouldn't make it there. Long story short, inside the crappy cast master cylinder where the molds press together and leave the excess, some of the material flaked off and got into the return line, which in turn caused the pressure to build slightly with each clutch pull until eventually it would keep the clutchs open causing them to slip. Bleeding it was misleading because it would temporarily fix it. Easy fix, just a pain in the ass to figure out at first. Hope no one else has this prob, but if you do, not to worry, a good flush will solve the troubles.
Don't feel bad, I had the same problem with my 2001 BUSA when new...
winkold.gif

after my first problem with the speedo its now developed another one
thumb_down.gif

the steering lock seems to be slowly seizing up! if i leave the lock on overnight it can take me ten minutes to get it unlocked.
ive oiled it many times with no improvement, also its fine starting the bike if the lock is left off
sad.gif

Kev

I love my 08 Busa just had the 500 mile checkup and oil change. I am real happy about finally being able to open up past 5000 rpms. I am having the 5th to 6th gear false nuetral issue. it seams to be okay with quick shifting from gears 1-5 but really wants a solid longer shift from 5-6 and if I dont it sounds like hell and sits in a false nuetral for what seems like 2-3 minutes but is only 3-4 seconds. I have heard that this settles down after the first couple 1000 miles.
My 05 did the exact same thing and yes, it stopped after a couple of thousand miles or so.

It also would occasionally jump out of first or second gear. It stopped doing that too. About 8 thousand miles ago.

Man I have the same problem with my '08. I finally stopped shifting to neutral at a stoplight for fear of not being able to get her back in first when the light turns green. I had to start her off in seconds a few times just so I wouldn't hold up traffic. At long lights it does feel nice to be able to let off the clutch and rest the left hand but with this bike I'm too affraid to do it in traffic. Rolling it back and fourth works sometimes but not all the time. Mine will even do it as soon as you start it up sometimes.
crazy.gif

URBAN COWBOY
I quit shifting to neutral at stop lights the day I got rear ended by a Toyota pickup on my XJ550. I couldn't get the bike back in gear fast enough to move out of the way. Luckily he wasn't going very fast when he hit me. It only damaged the rear fender of the bike. What if he was going much faster? Even MSF will tell you NOT to do that for the very same reason!

Now I leave my transmission in gear, and I watch the cars until they stop behind me when I have to wait for a traffic light or stop sign.

Mine has issues shifting into 3rd occasionally. It has only done it twice now though. It will take a few tries and then it will go in. It only has about 60 miles on it though so perhaps this will go away once it gets broken in?

Edit to my above post...

It has now done it about 10 times. Im beginning to thing there is something seriously wrong with the gearbox. I now have about 110 miles on the bike. It sucks to be going through town and can't shift into third when you want. It always eventually goes in but it takes a few tries. All the other gears shift fine. Down shifting is never a problem.

Edit to my above post...

It has now done it about 10 times.  Im beginning to thing there is something seriously wrong with the gearbox.  I now have about 110 miles on the bike. It sucks to be going through town and can't shift into third when you want.  It always eventually goes in but it takes a few tries.  All the other gears shift fine.  Down shifting is never a problem.
Lower your shift lever a little bit. New busa's are notoriously cranky shifters, it'll get better tho with some miles
winkold.gif

Edit to my above post...

It has now done it about 10 times. Im beginning to thing there is something seriously wrong with the gearbox. I now have about 110 miles on the bike. It sucks to be going through town and can't shift into third when you want. It always eventually goes in but it takes a few tries. All the other gears shift fine. Down shifting is never a problem.
Lower your shift lever a little bit. New busa's are notoriously cranky shifters, it'll get better tho with some miles
winkold.gif
Thats good to hear. I sure do hope it goes away. Yeah I will defiantly try lowering the shifter a bit. Thinking about it today I think it is a bit high to get a good solid shift on it.

Elganja, I've found on mine if I hold the clutch in for a few seconds before shifting to first at a light I have to release the clutch in neutral again and then shift.
Don't pull the clutch lever in so far. Pull it in just far enough to disengage clutch then shift into 1st gear. I've had the same problem since day one and learned the trick to over come the problem.

Elganja, I've found on mine if I hold the clutch in for a few seconds before shifting to first at a light I have to release the clutch in neutral again and then shift.
Don't pull the clutch lever in so far. Pull it in just far enough to disengage clutch then shift into 1st gear. I've had the same problem since day one and learned the trick to over come the problem.
My 2001 Suzuki DR650 did the exact same thing when going from neutral to first. Like the above poster said. Just let out the clutch a bit and you will hear something "engage" then pull it back in and it will go into first just fine. My 08 Busa does the same thing. But I knew exactly what to do as soon as it did it.

I picked up my new Busa on Monday. The ride home was without problem.
Because of all the posts about neutral to first problems I was curious and put it into neutral at a red light. I attempted to put it back in first about 5 seconds before the light was about to change, and it took all of that to coax her back into first. Rev, clutch, second, first. What fun!
If that is the biggest problem I have with the new baby, I won't complain too much.  
thumb_up.gif

Back