Report your GEN II Busa Issues here.

My 08 was dynoed with less than 20 miles on the odo. I haven't had any problems aside from the near stalling cold start. After it gets moving there are no issues.

Maybe some of you peeps should ride the bike instead of babying it?
firedevil.gif

The answer is yes... My 1397 had less than 100 miles on it and straight to the dyno it went! Still running strong after a couple of years the only thing I can add is that both bikes were heat cycled four times prior to the 6k rpm runs... But, I understand most peoples concern about breaking them in and whats the best way. I say to do whatever makes you (the owner) comfortable! Now about those pesky 08 issues......

The answer is yes... My 1397 had less than 100 miles on it and straight to the dyno it went! Still running strong after a couple of years the only thing I can add is that both bikes were heat cycled four times prior to the 6k rpm runs... But, I understand most peoples concern about breaking them in and whats the best way. I say to do whatever makes you (the owner) comfortable! Now about those pesky 08 issues......
this is how I did mine (street version): http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm
lurk.gif

I'll start it off by saying I love the new ride and really enjoy riding this thing. Now for the bad news my FI light keeps coming on when I throttle quickly to at least 6k rpm. The bike is bone stock and has less than 200 miles on it now (growing everyday). Anyone else experiencing this or something unique to their ride? Post them up here...

1. FI light keeps coming on
2. false neutral/shifting probs
3. Poor tire/tyre choice from the factory
4. fit up of fairing assemblies
5. Speedo issues
6. Faulty battery
7. bad headlight bulbs
I have had my 08 since it arrived back last year in a box. I just put 500 on it. No problems at all period. Little ruff when its cold.. but we are talking some serious compression ratio's. Nothing with that much power and compression is going to idle perfect right off the start with no fast idle adjuster but mine seems to perk up fine. Shifting was like my 05. Kind of ruff until I changed my oil at 483.

If you have less than 200 miles on your bike should you be going over 5000 RPM? If your having a lot of issues and hammer your bike brand new with no proper break in whats to be expected? battery.. just got a bad one, it Happens. I rode my busa in 20 degree weather and had no issues at all with tires or engine starting or anything period.

The biggest problem I have (seriously) is all the people constantly stopping me and asking me about it.... man life is ruff right? I want to ride! Almost everywhere I go... people say something. Old.. young.. children. I actually have people search for me in stores etc. to ask me about it. It draws a crowd at the shop everytime and I end up spending hours at places talking and explaining everything about it. Poor Me  
laugh.gif

Oh by the way.. I had the false nuetral thing once when I had about 50 miles on it. Have not seen it since. Break it in...
i'm happy to report the identical findings with mine and my dads 08's, iv had one false neutral from 1st to 2nd @ about 60miles on the clock (it might of been my fault too)both bikes have not givin one hint of a problem, and they drew alot of attention when we stopped for fuel and a warm drink on sunday. suzuki has done a wonderful job on the new busa's

this is how I did mine (street version): http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm  
lurk.gif
so your telling me that this guy knows more about breaking-in an engine than the factory who designed,devoloped,built,tested........etc, i dont think so. i will follow suzuki's break-in procedure. Also lets say a person does have a motor related issue during break-in and the dealer/suzuki says "did you follow the recommended break-in procedure" i can say yes i followed your owners manual to the T,i bet telling them that you took the advice of some guy on the internet wouldnt fly with suzuki.

lurk.gif
so your telling me that this guy knows more about breaking-in an engine than the factory who designed,devoloped,built,tested........etc, i dont think so. i will follow suzuki's break-in procedure. Also lets say a person does have a motor related issue during break-in and the dealer/suzuki says "did you follow the recommended break-in procedure" i can say yes i followed your owners manual to the T,i bet telling them that you took the advice of some guy on the internet wouldnt fly with suzuki.
Never do what a manufacturer tells you
wowold.gif
Its always a conspiracy to screw us for their benefit somehow
rock.gif
Always do the OPPOSITE just to be safe
winkold.gif

lurk.gif
wowold.gif
rock.gif
winkold.gif
if you read what he wrote he's not saying to go redline non-stop on a brand spanking new bike...more so engine acceleration and engine deceleration with some load. I have broken in many engines this exact same way and have had very good results...

but as someone else said, everyone has their own way of breaking in motors, pick one that suits you.

lurk.gif
wowold.gif
rock.gif
winkold.gif
if you read what he wrote he's not saying to go redline non-stop on a brand spanking new bike...more so engine acceleration and engine deceleration with some load. I have broken in many engines this exact same way and have had very good results...

but as someone else said, everyone has their own way of breaking in motors, pick one that suits you.
I have been working on engines since I was a kid.. over 30 years ago mainly dirt bikes then from my teen years on.. street bikes. I've worked on every kind of engine but a diesel. I even worked in product design of some components in college for car assembly lines. I took product design mainly to build and design motorcycles. Some people talk of the quick break in etc. Based on my personal experience the proper break-in suggested will do two things, ensure the best chance of a proper break-in and ensure the best chance of a proper break-in.

Your talking a lot of friction with new parts... very easy to screw something up and increase the odds of premature failure not following the manual. But like ya said. People have their ways and I guess a lot of them are lucky or have money to burn.

So many people with Busa's yet I never get to ride with any of them...  
face7.gif

I have a similar issue with mine. Shifting from Neutral to 1st is difficult sometimes. It gets to the point where I have to go to 2nd to get moving. But once I am moving I can get back down to 1st with no issues.

Seems to be 1 out of every 10 times I try to go from N to 1 I get this issue.
Are you downshifting to 1st gear before you come to a stop? You should be.
I second that. Been doing that forever. And if the light turns green before I get to the stop, I usually just go to Second (2nd gear).

I have a similar issue with mine. Shifting from Neutral to 1st is difficult sometimes. It gets to the point where I have to go to 2nd to get moving. But once I am moving I can get back down to 1st with no issues.

I second that.  Been doing that forever.  And if the light turns green before I get to the stop, I usually just go to Second (2nd gear).
How many miles are on the bike?

finally got the bike back from the dealer with a new set of clocks fitted
wowold.gif
everything seems to be sorted now, just got to run the damn thing in again
ices_rofl.gif

The only problem with my new Hayabusa so far is how long it takes to ship it to Iceland. I can´t wait. Still snowing in Iceland though.
I had that problem with 1st gear from neutral on my 2005 Busa, just released the clutch quickly and grab it again in neutral. I got used to it.

I shall post if I experience any problems with the new bike, or even if no problems at all occur.

Kv. Benedikt

lurk.gif
That is exactly what I am telling you ... ask any real performance engine builder how he recomends to break in the engine ( not some back yard hack ) but a true builder of engines that rev in excess of 9000 rpm and make real power and they will tell you to heat cycle it 3 / 4 times and then push it like you stole it . I have been using this method for the past 25 + years and have had nothing but great results with it and bye the way I am a certified suzuki / kawasaki / ducati tech and have been building performance cars and bikes for some time now . My latest K7 subaru wrx tr isnt complaining even at 290hp & 338tq at the wheels now the trans is another story ...

The only problem with my new Hayabusa so far is how long it takes to ship it to Iceland. I can´t wait. Still snowing in Iceland though.
I had that problem with 1st gear from neutral on my 2005 Busa, just released the clutch quickly and grab it again in neutral. I got used to it.

I shall post if I experience any problems with the new bike, or even if no problems at all occur.

Kv. Benedikt
Welcome to the oRg! Oh, and keep us posted want to see some pictures when you get your bike..... Never been to Iceland.

No issues to report, everything on my bike works as advertised. I just wish I could spend more time riding it...damn winter weather sucks!
whistling.gif

yes, i down shift all the way down to first. but if i am at a redlight or something i put it in N and take a stretch break.

when it's time to move again and i attempt to put it in 1 that is when I have the issue. It's quite embarrassing...
Man I have the same problem with my '08. I finally stopped shifting to neutral at a stoplight for fear of not being able to get her back in first when the light turns green. I had to start her off in seconds a few times just so I wouldn't hold up traffic. At long lights it does feel nice to be able to let off the clutch and rest the left hand but with this bike I'm too affraid to do it in traffic. Rolling it back and fourth works sometimes but not all the time. Mine will even do it as soon as you start it up sometimes.
crazy.gif

URBAN COWBOY

Back