replacement injectors for keihin?

max74

Registered
Just found some info on fuel pumps that a gsx1400 uses the same pump as a suzuki vitara, not the point, but anno 2023 some one should have more info on switching out parts like pumps or injectors that fit our bikes. Busa gen 1 and B-king have verry different injectors, and i just serviced mine, but when i look at OEM injectors ( for whenever they fail), these prices are truely over the top, 360 euro per injector is just pure theft.
Did any off you dove into this, or are you just screwed when your injectors are failing? Cant immagine that there are no other brands like bosch that should fit our fuel rails with the same specs used for cars.

For the gen 1 Hayabusa the closest injector I've found so far is for the Honda S2000. However it is about 50% more flow so it can only be used if you do other things to control the injectors.
I suspect a Honda car of similar year range may have the correct injector, but I'm not sure how to figure that out.

The B-king uses the Gen2 engine, and it is mechanically identical.
Injectors usually don'r need replaced either, buy a set of o-rings and filter caps(cheap) and clean the oem injectors.
You also must apply 12v to the injectors to actuate them while you spray cleaner through them, then spray them from the other side, otherwise you cannot clean their insides.

yeah, did the complete service on the injectors, own a ultra sonic cleaner so that helps, filters o rings new, but your last tip comes a litlle to late....never thought about spraying them from the other side, so next time.
But main reason i asked was after the service the bike ran like a diesel....took me some searching to find out that one of the bottom injectors wasn't working. No codes, live data good, just stuck i suppose, left it soaking in detergent for an hour, still no luck, tapped it on my workbech and started right up again, sprayed it again with brakecleaner and managed to get the entire load in the face, but bike runs fine again. Was just allready preparing for if they do fail, and these prices are just over the top compared to car injectors.
And i'm almost positive that there are injectors out there that would fit our bikes with the same specs, we just need to find out wich one. But first i'm gonna do my own inner filter removal for the fuel pump, and if al goes well i will share it on here, should be a nice one if it works.

yeah, did the complete service on the injectors, own a ultra sonic cleaner so that helps, filters o rings new, but your last tip comes a litlle to late....never thought about spraying them from the other side, so next time.
But main reason i asked was after the service the bike ran like a diesel....took me some searching to find out that one of the bottom injectors wasn't working. No codes, live data good, just stuck i suppose, left it soaking in detergent for an hour, still no luck, tapped it on my workbech and started right up again, sprayed it again with brakecleaner and managed to get the entire load in the face, but bike runs fine again. Was just allready preparing for if they do fail, and these prices are just over the top compared to car injectors.
And i'm almost positive that there are injectors out there that would fit our bikes with the same specs, we just need to find out wich one. But first i'm gonna do my own inner filter removal for the fuel pump, and if al goes well i will share it on here, should be a nice one if it works.
I'm definitely interested to know if there are any other injectors that fit as I've been dealing with my bike having issues for most of the season and after replacing the fuel pump and pulling the injectors and running them thru the ultrasonic and then running them thru one of the plastic injector cleaners with carb cleaner I am finally riding today. Found 2 of the injectors sticking open and already knew that was most likely the issue but just couldn't get the time to tear into it until now.

I'm definitely interested to know if there are any other injectors that fit as I've been dealing with my bike having issues for most of the season and after replacing the fuel pump and pulling the injectors and running them thru the ultrasonic and then running them thru one of the plastic injector cleaners with carb cleaner I am finally riding today. Found 2 of the injectors sticking open and already knew that was most likely the issue but just couldn't get the time to tear into it until now.
I wouldn't wait around till we found them, we will but when? If you know wich one then take them out and hook them up to a 9v batt, with alligator clips. Do they buzz? then they atleast get power, soak them in a good ultrasonic detergent for 24 hours and try again, you want them to click, if not, get irritated like me and start tapping them on you workbench and pray that this did the trick. dont smash...we are not the hulk, just tap.
Next option is to browse graiglist, ebay and so on...i found a complete throtllebody for a gsxr1000 k7 with the same injectors for 80 euro's.....bought four injectors from another seller who also offered a non working fuel pump, so still waiting on that stuff.
Whatever you do, dont buy the amazon/ebay/ali crap injectors for 20 a pop.....you need OEM.

There are a couple of ebay sellers who do oem exchanges, send them yours, and they send you an oem set that has been cleaned and tested with new filter caps and o-rings, for around $70-$80 for the 4.
Once you clean a set yourself, and do get a bad one, that becomes a pretty good deal.

There are a couple of ebay sellers who do oem exchanges, send them yours, and they send you an oem set that has been cleaned and tested with new filter caps and o-rings, for around $70-$80 for the 4.
Once you clean a set yourself, and do get a bad one, that becomes a pretty good deal.
Well, if thats the case i would def. go for this option no cleaning 100% sure they are tested, and not a bad deal at all.

I wouldn't wait around till we found them, we will but when? If you know wich one then take them out and hook them up to a 9v batt, with alligator clips. Do they buzz? then they atleast get power, soak them in a good ultrasonic detergent for 24 hours and try again, you want them to click, if not, get irritated like me and start tapping them on you workbench and pray that this did the trick. dont smash...we are not the hulk, just tap.
Next option is to browse graiglist, ebay and so on...i found a complete throtllebody for a gsxr1000 k7 with the same injectors for 80 euro's.....bought four injectors from another seller who also offered a non working fuel pump, so still waiting on that stuff.
Whatever you do, dont buy the amazon/ebay/ali crap injectors for 20 a pop.....you need OEM.
9v battery they will not buzz
it would turn on and just spray if 9v is enough
Pulsing makes the buzzing sound

9v battery they will not buzz
it would turn on and just spray if 9v is enough
Pulsing makes the buzzing sound
o yes they will, you can even use a 9v battery with a Ali cleaning nozlle and clean your injectors. I just got 5 reserve injectors together with a fuel pump, first test is hooking them up to my trusty 9v, and hear them clicking. If they buzz they are stuck, and its a verry low buzz.....been there with one of my injectors, couldnt here it click but did hear something, after giving it a few taps on my workbench out of frustration, the injector was clicking like a tap dancer, 9V is enough to make them work.

Back