Remembrance/Veteran's Day 2023

Bumblebee

Donating Member
Registered
Here we are again.....another Remembrance/Veteran's Day has come...

To all the serving/former serving members, this day is our day to pause and remember those who have fallen....sadly the list is long these days..

278e6a3256f17e653615128448f13abec473d7af.jpg

On today’s ride I stopped at a small cemetery in Cathey’s Valley as I usually do. It’s a very small cemetery and not a vets only cemetery. However, I counted 43 American flags attached to that many grave sites. One had blown over so I replanted it. Didn’t have any idea there were that many veterans in this one tiny cemetery in this one tiny community.

Imagine a year when we could (celebrate) Veteran’s Day day by having no soldiers lost since the last Veterans Day.

On today’s ride I stopped at a small cemetery in Cathey’s Valley as I usually do. It’s a very small cemetery and not a vets only cemetery. However, I counted 43 American flags attached to that many grave sites. One had blown over so I replanted it. Didn’t have any idea there were that many veterans in this one tiny cemetery in this one tiny community.

Imagine a year when we could (celebrate) Veteran’s Day day by having no soldiers lost since the last Veterans Day.
Years and years ago, my wife and I while out walking stumbled upon a long unattended tiny graveyard with around 20 graves and we noticed there were several from WW2...

I reported this to the municipality and they dispatched people to go out and get it sorted out....my wife and I went to the same graveyard a few months later and noted they cleaned it right up and identified it with markers so others would find it.

One thing I will say is for the most part Americans are very patriotic and respectful of their fallen-more than many other nations (including mine).

Years and years ago, my wife and I while out walking stumbled upon a long unattended tiny graveyard with around 20 graves and we noticed there were several from WW2...

I reported this to the municipality and they dispatched people to go out and get it sorted out....my wife and I went to the same graveyard a few months later and noted they cleaned it right up and identified it with markers so others would find it.

One thing I will say is for the most part Americans are very patriotic and respectful of their fallen-more than many other nations (including mine).

In my experience the guvment seems to treat the dead better than they do those soldiers who survived war zone duty.

In my experience the guvment seems to treat the dead better than they do those soldiers who survived war zone duty.
In these days in Canada, we have a very robust support system for our veterans and serving soldiers....

Our Veteran's Affairs is pretty decent, I've used their services with great success but find many of the younger veterans to be very entitled and demanding unwilling to help themselves....

My argument to many of these people is-the military is the only organization that has such a thing as post service care....police officers, paramedics, fire fighters all who often see horrors (more often than military folk) on their jobs have no such organization here.

Our country isn't involved in any war zones, the last one was Afghanistan however we do have a small contingent in Iraq and other areas where we piggy-back off the US...

Thank you all for your service ~ $0ME gave all they had to give *
View attachment 1673572

View attachment 1673573
Both my parents remains ~ rest in Riverside National *
Those are your parents Red?

They lived a full life and had a lot of kids which means they must have been surrounded by love and admiration...

But it is always a tough thing to see a headstone with the names of family members...

View attachment 1674499
Eye-opening realty for some....

I say form a battalion of these LBGT people and send them in first.....once the enemy takes a look at what we have to offer them if they get captured, the fight will be over quick...

No country would ever want to invade Canada or the US as it would take way too much time, effort and money to de-program all the nonsense in the minds of the young people....

social media is just brilliant at making people outraged over nothing within 60 seconds we’re more inclined to vex and oppress each other than to work together for the common good. Some people become experts at everything, Being anonymous having no repercussions the platforms are designed to keep us on, to extract as much of our attention as possible possibly away from reality and making people just lazy

View attachment 1674514
What I don't get is how these veterans place themselves in a situation to need hand-outs like this.....

I always hear about the victimization of veterans and how hard it is to transition to civilian life......it's not like the veterans of today left for war and fought for 4 years like they did in WW2 and then came back to an entirely changed society....

And there wasn't a robust veterans affairs organization set up to help them either...they got off a troop ship, on a train and to their home with zero re-integration plan in place.

And the US has the G.I. bill to help them retrain.......Canada has a thing called "Vocational Rehab" which is similar. No excuse for a homeless veteran.

Back