Reflectors

Can anyone tell me how to remove those God aweful reflectors from the front of my bike?

meandshadow.jpg

It's been awhile but I belive you just unbolt the caliper and they come right off.

It's been awhile but I belive you just unbolt the caliper and they come right off.
+2

If the rear ones are still on it is easy to remove the tail to get to the nut holding them on. The front just remove the brake caliper bolt... remove the reflector... then replace the bolt to spec.

Why do you have remove the caliper? I thought they were just held in place with one bolt? Is the bracket for the reflector between the caliper stay and caliper itself?

One caliper bolt per side in the front, and the rear can be removed without taking the tail off if you play with them a bit. The nuts will fall out of the front of the undertail.

Don't take 'em off. Real men leave them on.

Besides, why remove a saftey feature that you can't even see while riding the bike?
I never even notice them until someone else points them out. Plus, not worth the effort considering I do not care they are on there.
beerchug.gif

I'm putting them back onto my '99. Makes the bike look more refined imo (and safer, more importantly) I just have to get up the nerve to attempt doing so.

Back