Rear Wheel Spacer - which side

McyMike

Donating Member
Registered
Got the wheel spacers mixed up. Does the thicker spacer go on the caliper side or the sprocket side?

I've been using two of the same (small ones) for the past year--- came across the bigger one stuck in a another carrier when I was changing sprockets last night.

Mike,

I can measure mine on my spare wheel when I get home if no one comes up with an answer. There are some different spacers depending on the year but the "thickness" is the same from year to year. I don't remember which is which side to side.

Thanks - they are close...the big one is about 1/8 wider than the small. I've been running the two small for over a year and no problems...just squeezes the swing arm in.

Working on getting the bike ready to go to Minn next week. Removing the drag wheel, chain, NOS, lowering links...etc...etc.. to strap on the saddle bags and tank bag.
biggrin.gif

If you are talking about the spacer at the axle nut....I have the thicker on the right.

They are the round spacers between hub (they press right into the hub)  and swingarm.

Right side from where (back of bike?)  
biggrin.gif

(jjmetheny @ Jul. 03 2007,20:03) The one with the lip on it goes on the brake side.
He is correct the one with the flange goes on the brake side. There is 1mm difference in the thickness of the spacers.

I thought I had an earlier wheel that had a no flange spacer on one side but was mistaken.

Back