Rear View Camera in helmet

If you look close it's not a camera but a set of reflectors, kinda like a periscope. I wonder what that does to ECE/SNELL certification? This will probably be DOT only which isn't saying much.

Agreed! If I'm not mistaken the Y2K Turbine bike has a rear view camera on the dash. I wouldn't mind having a rear view projected on my visor.

I tried one on at the Motorcycle show last year. I was thinking that there's no way people would be able to focus on a mirror so close to and above their eyes...especially older folks. Well, no one seemed to have trouble seeing behind them. It's interesting but can be distracting as well. Typically, you use your peripheral vision and only look up at the mirror when somthing gets your attention. But while you're looking up, you are not seeing the road ahead of you. I can see that causing an issue and potentially an accident.

as much as I think its a cool idea, its yet another thing that to keep peoples eyes off what they should be looking at. Even dumber on a hayabusa riders head, you only need to worry about whats ahead of you, because whats behind you wont catch you anyways. :laugh:

Would love to see one of our techies reverse engineer this on a bike helmet soon !! BULT HELMET LINE | SEAMLESS DIGITAL INTEGRATION..... Oh yeah for cheap !!

tech.png

Last edited:
Back