"rear shock"

BusaReds

Registered
stock swing arm
stock shock

just need to understand the rear shock and what does what....

rebound damping-turning it inwards is increase or decrease?
and which one "increase or decrease" slows the rear shock from lifting the rear of the bike back up after i launch?

compression damping-turning it inwards is increase or decrease?
And to get it to squat faster i want to increase or decrease?

I am 195llbs, I think i am squating the bike well at stock compression setting but right at the middle of first she is lifting hard and i am still slippin some clutch, so i think need to work with the rebound. But i need to understand the increase/decrease turn in turn out.

More than you ever wanted to know about bike suspension can be found... HERE.
beerchug.gif

Thanks Bt! Johnny on the spot with the good info, AGAIN!
smile.gif
No problem. I keep that info bookmarked so I can reference to it when I start making adjustments on the 10. It's getting broken in enough and I'm getting used to it enough that I'm about ready to start adjusting a few things. Nothing major, just a little fine tuning.
wink.gif

WHOooaaaa!!!!
Read the site   but ya know the drag section doesnt really give up any knowledge.
So I did a little brain stormin...
In the Busa owners manual they give stiff, standard, and soft settings....
So what did I want for the rear with launches....
Stiff but a controlled stiff...
I figure that at 195lbs stiff would be a little less than stiff so i went stiff settings on the compression and 1 click past the stiff setting on rebound........and man what a difference
she squatted a little stuck then when i hit the button for 2nd she tightened up and all was go........
I must add that riding around on the street normal really felt iffy in the corners and i am not a kneedragger (I got 1/2 inch chicken strips LOL)  and yes I measured them  LOL..........

<!--EDIT|BusaReds
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108128943 -->

Back