Rear end swap

bigdog1300

Registered
Has anyone swaped the rear of the 99-07 busa to the 08-09 if so did you have to slice into the brake & tail light wire and run your turn sig seperate or the way they originally came on the 99-07?

theres a guy with a black osd or fatty kit with this. best one ive ever seen.

Bigdog1300, you do have to splice the wires, i used that clymer book to identify which wires were what.... Then connected them and thats was it. Pretty easy though. If you need me to tell you which wires go to what let me know....

ok here is a pic of the gen 2 wiring coneccted to a gen 1....if you look closely the white 3 prong connector is from the gen 2, so i labled mine for when i take the tail section off. on the gen 1 there are 3 wires, white with black, brown, and black with white... i put some male plugs on the end of the gen 1 wires so they would slide in and out easily of the gen 2 connector.... if you face the gen 2 connector towards you the white with black goes in the top left corner, the brown goes in the top right corner, and the black with white goes in the bottom... the turn signals if i remember correctly have to be spliced also but they are the exact same colors... hope this helps... anymore questions feel free to ask !

tail light wiring.jpg

tail light wiring 2.jpg

tail light wiring 3.jpg

Back