Rear Brake Disc

OB_KawAbuser

Registered
Sabor did you cross referance the Suzuki part numbers? Was the differance in the OD?

Did you look at the rotors made by PFM, Brembo, EBC, Ferodo.

Check out the new Ferodo CP series pads.

Yes the difference was in OD. By about 1/4" total. At this time I'm contacting Yoyodyne to see if they have anything...

Hey for what it's worth the rear disc on a Busa is "NOT" the same as a GSXR 750. I had a slight problem with mine and had to replace it. It will work but is about 1/4" smaller than the original disc. It does have the same bolt pattern. That 1/4" does make a big difference, I noticed a lack of rear stopping power comming off high speeds...

Sabor

Hey you didn't know! I did need the rear brake though! I drove a long way in heavy rain! As far as I have been able to tell the rear disc might be the same as a bandit 1200, I just need to get the outer dia. on the 1200's and verify the bolt pattern to be the same as the busa or GSXR 750.

Sabor

Rear disc for the Hayabusa is 240mm

Rear disc for the Bandit 1200 and early GXSR 1100 are also 240mm.

Current TLR and GSXR measure 220mm

You can get better than stock from :

Yoyodyne for PFM and Titanium rotors
Braketech for Ferodo rotors

Thanx! I'm currently working with YoyoDyne on getting a rear Ti. disc. Any knowledge on the front disc's to share? I would like to change thoes while I'm at it!

Sabor

Sabor, AP makes a replacement system for the Hayabusa, (AP does NOT endorse any street fitment of their brakes on a US streetbike). Their use in the UK is unrestricted on streetbikes, this is only a US situation do to our judicial system quirks.

PFM brakes are available as a replacement system - bolt on for the Hayabusa, with out any street use restrictions.

These brakes do not have dust boots and will need more attention than the OEM brakes.

Guess who mfg.'s AP brakes ?
Hint it starts with a P and ends with a M and both are made in England

The PFM's will be installed next week, pictures and a installation article will follow.

Back