Rear Axle Nut

Metricman

Registered
Hello out there. Can someone please email me the size of the rear wheel axle nut on a '04 Hayabusa. I want to get a socket to fit it and I can't find info on it in the Haynes manual I have.
Thanks, Mike

Thats all I have used as well in the past but I had to buy a torque wrench for another reason and I thought I might torque the axle nut to spec now rather than hand tightening using the supplied wrench...
Thanks, Mike

Same as swing arm nut on Left side 36mm.
beerchug.gif

I use 84 ft / lbs with a 36 mm, and the hole lines right up for the big hitch clip. I got rid of the cotter..........
super.gif

(Spudley @ Jul. 22 2007,04:23) I use 84 ft / lbs with a 36 mm, and the hole lines right up for the big hitch clip.  I got rid of the cotter..........
super.gif
Why are you going 84 ft lbs instead of the 72 it's supposed to be?

Mine has to be torqued to about 78 to get the holes to line up. I would rather have it just a little bit tight, than a little be loose.

Don

(USN05LE @ Jul. 22 2007,09:10) Mine has to be torqued to about 78 to get the holes to line up.  I would rather have it just a little bit tight, than a little be loose.

Don
I've never had that problem. If one set of holes in the axle doesn't line up the other set is usually right on the money or just needs a 1/16" bump to line up.

Back