Reality check.....

Only watched the first video and the ones that really made me squirm were of the cars turning left in front of the bikes. My understading is more bike accidents are caused by cars making a lefty in front of them then any other way.

The stunting and stupid-fast riding doesn't apply to me, I just can't/won't do it. I bought my bike cause I like the size/comfort/style of it. That being said I would like to hit the track (where speeds are higher and legal) and learn how to ride with more precision. In my head at least, it seems this would make me a safer rider.

These vids do have me thinking about a camera though. I could see a cager doing something stupid to a bike and the footage getting to the local news. I don't think most drivers realize the consequences associated with their actions when it comes to motorcycles.

I watch as many of these videos as I can and i actually see stuff when I'm riding and think "remember that video..." I don't think too much about the racing crashes because that's a part of the sport and those guys are generally in control even once they go down. I also don't think too much about the idiots that roll the dice and come up short. But stuff like the dear hit is pretty instructive - don't panic, take the hit and drive through it.

Another good lesson is you're only as safe as the guys you ride with!

Cool thread - have a safe Christmas everyone!

Way to go @RedBull ...a little fishing expedition

download.png

Back