Reality check.....

SHIRO HAYABUSA

Registered
pucker, pucker, pucker.......

What are some of the crash videos that make you cringe? Post em here......

Shiro

Last edited:
Proof ppl are NOT invincible... I think 75% of those horrific crashes are from ppl who forget this... I beleive they call it the superman complex:rulez:

minus the race track ones.. those guys know what they are doing and sometimes things just go wrong!!!!

Is it bad that in the first video at 11 seconds I laughed and called the lane splitting guy an idiot?? And again at 2:15 :laugh:

Good stuff there fellas, thanks!

I learn a lot from watching crashes like these.

I'll watch a crash over and over to try and figure out exactly what took place to cause the crash.

These movies are the main reason I don't want a GoPro HD. Seems like video cameras bring out the idiots in all of us.... :poke:

That first video had some obvious fatalities in it....painful to watch but a good reminder about not letting bravado get ahead of rational thought...

Is it bad that in the first video at 11 seconds I laughed and called the lane splitting guy an idiot?? And again at 2:15 :laugh:

Why exactly is the lane splitting guy an idiot?

Good stuff there fellas, thanks!

I learn a lot from watching crashes like these.

I'll watch a crash over and over to try and figure out exactly what took place to cause the crash.

Care to enlighten us a little bit Tufbusa? I try to determine what exactly happened in these vids as well, but sometimes I simply can't find what exactly was the culprit. Since you have track background and whatnot, I would be curious to know your thoughts. Such as the guy at 46 secs - he looked like he had good form, dry pavement, maybe the camber of the road reduced his available lean angle and that's why he lowsided??

It is interesting to see the difference between the inexperienced and the racers in the vids. Some of those racers guys hang on for dear life, the one looked like he could have just ALMOST saved it. I also noticed the one racer kept on the throttle, even though his back was slipping, he still ended up high-siding, but it was definitely a lot "nicer" high-side than if he would have chopped the throttle. Nevertheless, those guys are amazing. I have a feeling the first time I feel my back slipping I'm going to chop the throttle and play superman - kneejerk reactions suck :( .

Nice vids Shiro - some of them were WTF tho, like the guy that tried to overtake a motorcycle and hit an oncoming car. :shocked:

Back