RE: gasket or sealant

kjcili

Donating Member
Registered
Looking for opinions. I use many different sealants and gaskets for a variety of applications building race engine, stock engine repair, off-road applications, but a bit new to street bike engines. Anyways, it's come to my understanding that Busa oil pan are prone to leaks, which mine is currently leaking. So i'm wondering if any1 has tried different sealants or just go with the gasket or what?

My choices are:
1)OEM pan gasket
2)Anerobic sealer
3)"The Right Stuff"
4)Yama-bond

I've used 2, 3, & 4 in multiple apps and never had a prob, guess i'm just wondering if these would be okay on the busa pan due to the passages incorporated in it!?!

Where did you get the impression that the Busa oil pan is prone to leak ???

Where did you get the impression that the Busa oil pan is prone to leak ???

just from local guys at shops and a couple local riders. maybe prone to leak is overwording, but they say they see more Busa pan leaks than any other bike.

I've owned three Busa's with zero leaky oil pans...I think if you ask the members here (they might know a little about Busa's) how many have had problems with leaky oil pans, the answer would be almost zero...now some owners have stripped out there drain plug, but that is their own fault...not a problem with the bike.

Thats all good BA, but aside from that, MINE does leak, and i'm trying to get opinions on what MAY be the most popular decision from the org. so please, lets stick to that point so i can proceed as necessary.

OEM gasket +

DisplayImage1.jpg

You're making this WAY too difficult :whistle:

sorry BA, not trying to make anything difficult, i was just trying to find as popular opinion. like i said, i'm KINDA new the street bike engine repair. I; however, have done more repairs on automobiles and quad/dirtbikes thatn most people could ever dream of. now that aviation sealant w/oem gasket, that is one I had not pondered, but may be a damn good idea. see.............T E A M WO R K.:poke:

Never had any issue with the oil pan leaking. Have had it off a couple of times while installing the turbo system and still never had any leaks with it. Still using the orginal gasket.

Back