Rcc turbos no longer number one!

POWERHOUSE

Frank
Donating Member
Registered
championstageone15.jpg
championstageone15.jpg championstageone15.jpg View attachment 250497 View attachment 250498 View attachment 250499 View attachment 250500 View attachment 250501 View attachment 250502 View attachment 250503 View attachment 250504 View attachment 250505 View attachment 250506 View attachment 250507 View attachment 250508 View attachment 250509 View attachment 250510
championstageone15.jpg

It has come to my attention that Richards Custom Cycles is no longer the number one turbo kit manufacturer in Canada. Champion Cycles in Toronto is now claiming that honor. They are - dollar for dollar - putting out the higher horsepower turbo kits available, and have won countless awards and trophies and "endless" race victories. According to them, the are "The last shop you will ever need to know". We got a hold of one of their kits, and would like to post some pictures to share with all those interested. After seeing these, they are indeed the the last shop I would ever WANT to know . . .

Last edited:
Looks like some backyard, shadetree engineered junk???

My money would go to RCC:rulez:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

It has come to my attention that Richards Custom Cycles is no longer the number one turbo kit manufacturer in Canada. Champion Cycles in Toronto is now claiming that honor. They are - dollar for dollar - putting out the higher horsepower turbo kits available, and have won countless awards and trophies and "endless" race victories. According to them, the are "The last shop you will ever need to know". We got a hold of one of their kits, and would like to post some pictures to share with all those interested. After seeing these, they are indeed the the last shop I would ever WANT to know . . .
Is that a New system out the box::9 Or is that a 20 year old used system ???

That RCC has been surpassed is a joke . . . Champion's turbo kit is not, unfortunately. This kit was installed on a 2003 Yamaha R1, the customer had just picked it up and it only had dyno time on it, so it is a brand new kit! Champion tried to run the bike at 7 psi with only a 1:1 regulator and powercommander, which anyone who knows anything would know that will not provide enough fueling with stock injectors. The pistons burnt up, compression was getting past the rings into the crankcase, where the pressures were so high that they were pushing out the 1/2 cam end plug ends of the valve cover gasket. . . Champion decided the best fix was to epoxy the gasket into the head ???

The charge tube in the pics starts off as a 2" piece of galvanized exhaust (!) pipe, then gets reduced to 1 1/4" completely choking the flow . . its no wonder the bike only made 165 hp. So yes, this kit has ZERO miles on it, dyno time only, and now the engine is apart for new pistons . . .:rofl:

championstageone1.jpg

What......

The.......

Fuuuuuuudge........

That has to be the yoogliest thing I've ever seen?

Just curious. How much did this place champion charge the customer for that pile of junk?
Wouldn't a normal mildly modded 03 R1 make around 165hp?
And are you now in possession of the bike and gonna make it right?

So that folks can see what quality looks like you should post some comparable pics of your work sir.

It's really unfortunate that people are falling for crap like this. Thanks for getting the word out.

So that folks can see what quality looks like you should post some comparable pics of your work sir.

Agreed.

for every person looking to cheap out theres someone willing to accommodate. do it once do it right. im surprised they didnt just use the stock air box.

i think the welds are better on my sons chinese pocket rocket:rofl: thats fugggggggggggggggggggggly

Back