Rcc Install Instructions

Discussion in 'Turbo' started by Mathewrussell52, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Mathewrussell52

Mathewrussell52 Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Mathew
    Picked one up used here anyone instructions laying around? Want to make sure all the little details are perfect. Have read that new kits comes with them and even some videos and google can't seem to find them.

2. busakiller

busakiller Registered

Contests won:
    You could always call or email rcc

3. shade

shade Registered

Contests won:
    Word of advice on the fuel pump. Mount on the lower swing arm right by the rear shock.

4. Mathewrussell52

Contests won:
    Name:
    Mathew
    Props man that where I was at. But was hoping someone would come through. I have her all tore apart gonna do some other things as I have it apart. I pulled the dash a part yesterday with my son and going to put blue leds in it and going to convert the turn signals in to daytime running lights also.

Here is DesMoines ia was 64 yesterday so was sad I couldn't get her out but am excited for the spring.

IMG_6031.JPG

5. shade

shade Registered

Contests won:
    What year is the bike?
    Another word of advice - use a large air filter not a stealth small one.
    Motor built?
    Going to intercool?

6. Mathewrussell52

Contests won:
    Name:
    Mathew
    09 goal is to get it together and running 4lbs this year. Then next winter build the motor rods, pistons, and head work. I'm converting to E85 so the plan is to not to go Intercooled.

Reaserching everything I can so all the info helps.

Thanks

7. busakiller

busakiller Registered

Contests won:
    Woot woot your kinda close to me Iam near the twin Cities in Minnesota. This coming spring iam going to start looking for a turbo bike or a cheap gen 1 to turbo.

8. Mathewrussell52

Contests won:
    Name:
    Mathew
    Don't know about up there but to see a busa around here is rare. I'm concerned about finding a tuner anywhere close. But still got some foot work before I close.

9. LeDauz

LeDauz Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Charles Cruz
    Don't risk it go to someone with experience. I first went with a local shop and now I got a $600 ignition module that's fried. And by bike is with Rob at bcp

10. Mathewrussell52

Contests won:
    Name:
    Mathew
    Ya I will start asking soon as it's together. Everything I read I know can't go 1/2 Ass with it. Know there is a shop mile away that has a Dino and is dyno port trained and certified. But I'm not signing up for that.

11. shade

shade Registered

Contests won:
    Ship the bike to a reputable tuner

12. Mathewrussell52

Contests won:
    Name:
    Mathew
    Ya I take a dirt bike trip every spring to Oklahoma might be a excuse to go ride Texas also. But this next year will prob just run a base map as will just be running 4lbs off waste gate rcc gives a base map might not have great performance but has to be safe right??

13. Boosted Cycle Perf

Boosted Cycle Perf Site Sponsor Donating Member Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Turbo Rob
    They're usually safe. But depending on engine wear, fuel type, elevation etc that could sway the tune one way or the other.

14. Mathewrussell52

Contests won:
    Name:
    Mathew
  15. Quiksilver

Quiksilver Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Brandan
    What's the reason for this? I'm asking because I run the air filter under the plastics

16. shade

shade Registered

Contests won:
    Too small of air filter on a turbo can create a vacuum at the inlet. On a turbo this is bad this vacuum will actually pull the oil past the seals.
    Had a brand new turbo pull past the seals and completely damaged it. Bought a brand new second turbo and it started again to pull oil past the seal again. Pulled air filter off and no more issues. Put the small one back on issues.
    Went with a large cone and good to go.

This was after I kept being told -
    Drain too small not draining properly
    My bike is pushing too much blow by past the rings (check rings)
    Leak down and compression just fine
    Use a check valve it's leaking back into the turbo. Check valve already installed
    Use a smaller restrictor on the turbo
    Even put a mechanical scavenge pump on. Same thing

Small filters should not come with kits at all. Even a small journal bearing was affected.

So when the second brand new turbo started to 'leak' I took it to a very large garret retailer who actually sells RCC their turbos. They said let me look at the filter. When I showed them they said that's the problem and explained the vacuum.
    I did my own research and sure shit too small of air filter on turbo applications can definitely be a cause.

Sucks it cost a $1300 turbo because of filter too small for the application.
    What really pissed me off was being told it's something with what I had done, it's just something with my bike.

Haven't had a problem since moving to a larger filter even after multiple hard ass dyno runs at over 400hp.

Switch now is my .02 on a lot of money spent learning

17. POWERHOUSE

POWERHOUSE Frank Site Sponsor Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Frank
  18. Mathewrussell52

Contests won:
    Name:
    Mathew
    Sent some pics to Richard at rcc he replied and sent instructions so fast:thumbsup: I read about how great the service with rcc is but shocked how fast he replied and how helpful he was to someone that was not spending money. Can't wait to dig in more to my build. Will be more work than I though and now have more questions for the org. :banana:

lee8sec likes this.
  19. Mathewrussell52

Contests won:
    Name:
    Mathew
    So stuck on a few parts needed. I know some site sponsors extreamly helpful with knowledge and tunes and installs anyone sells misc parts? I'm going to need the adapter for the fuel rail and the oil adapter for the oil feed.

IMG_6152.PNG

IMG_6151.PNG

20. shade

shade Registered

Contests won:
    Rcc sells misc parts as they build the kits...
    Not sure if the rcc dealers have those parts in stock