R1 wheel conversion with pic's

I didn't use washers to space my wheels. Used all factory stuff from r1. I did use hardened washers from Grainger supply just to move the calipers in .175 or so.

Heres a pic

20150214_203614.jpg

rg members who haz done this mod can someone contact chopleg for th front axle for some reason i csnt register on psychobike or if someone has and secondary contact for him and pass it along to me I will be grateful

I was digging through the psychobike forums a few weeks ago and it seems he is no longer active on that site, I think someone else on there is selling them.

Ps. If someone does get a hold of him, can you pass the info onto me also. I am looking to do this mod in the next few months so I will ready to go when my tires are gone.

Ok before i start to tear down my rear wheel am i understanding the r1 rotor need to be changed or will it fit the Busa caliper

So it looks like I can save 6 lbs with the R1 mod and 8 lbs with the Marachesini (sp?) wheels. The R1 mod costs about $1K and the Marachesini $2.4K. But the Marachesini is more bling. Not sure where I'm going on this one.

Having done the R1 wheel mod myself it's a nice mod especially if your on a budget. You can powder coat them etc. to really customize em and shed a few pounds but they don't compare to a set of aluminum, CF, or magnesium rims. Remember also that you need to have a special front axle and rotors bearings etc. so if you do it look on eBay for somebody selling a set with a nice set of rotors included or your gonna have to spend more $$$$

Yeah but I need new rotors. When I got the Brembos I didn't upgrade from OEM rotors because I was planning wheels. But business is slow and doesn't look like it is going to pick up anytime soon so no telling when I will have $3.5K to do wheels properly with bearings and rotors, etc. I really don't like CF as I don't see that on a street bike with a 300 lb rider. I know they are proven but I can't justify that for street riding mainly. I really want marachesini magnesium in black.

okay guys can you please tell me how do I get to rear wheel alone with just 45 to sprocket or do I need to change the size of the sprocket any input would be gratefully appreciated

okay guys can you please tell me how do I get to rear wheel alone with just 45 to sprocket or do I need to change the size of the sprocket any input would be gratefully appreciated

Sorry but I don't understand exactly what you are asking??

Ok my fault im doing the r1 wheel swap my rear wheel came wit a 45t sprocket but my chain will not go on i have a 16t up front so my ? Is am i doing something wrong or do i just need to change sprockets to a 41t

Your gonna have to get a sprocket the size you had in your busa if you want to use the chain you already have. Me personally I would just buy all new chain and sprockets but that's just me

Back