R1 vs. ZX10r vs. GSXR1000

aka Danksy

Registered
My mind is pretty made up, I have owned the older style (2002) Yamaha R1 and absolutely loved it. But I will be buying a second bike this summer so I was curious what people prefer on this board.

Bikes I'm considering

2004-2007 Yamaha R1

2007-2008 Kawasaki ZX10r

2007+ GSXR 1000

thoughts?

Go for the Kaw you have had a Yami and currently have a Zuk so you might as well see what the grass is like on the other side of the fence :laugh:

Love the Kawasakis, especiallythe 04, it feels like a taller, overpowered gsxr 1000. R1s aren't for me, 99 to 07 is what I've ridden, personally I think they steer funny. The bars seem to turn too much for even the slightest turns. The Gsxr I love, 01, 02 are great, but 03 to 08 I find uncomfortable. The 09 is another story, I think it's the most comfortable, best handling 1000 ever. I love my 08 Busa, but probably would have bough the 09 gsxr if I'de have rode it first. I'de ride it and check it out at least before I bought anything else.

If I were gunna build a hard core race oriented bike, I might go for an 08 or better CBR1000 or a 2009 or better R1, but thats not realistic so I will go with the looks I like.

I also agree about the 09 GSXR1K, the previous years however do not impress me.

I think the 07 and under CBR1000s are garbage, I also use to have a 954rr sooo, been down that road haha

I would like to ride that cross plane motor in the new R1. Have you? If so, what do you think of it?

I have but only for a few miles, It was AMAZING though.

You can lean that bike to the ground, very Ducati like.

this one had Graves Slip-Ons and the sound coming from it was more like a ducati than a 4banger.

The best of both worlds in my opinions.

That bike is ridic but a tad out of what I wanna spend, I am in the process of getting my Father a Chopper so thats taking up a huge chunk of $$$

Yeah, I've heard em, kinda cool. Has a V twin like sound. I remember the old TL 1000 had an almost gyroscopic effect, it wanted to stay vertical, you had to hold it down in the turns. I would assume the crossplane 4 would have the opposite effect, and make it really roll side to side. Maybe I'm overthinking things:laugh:

Funny I think the TL1000R was, perhaps the worst bike ever made....

OK that may have been a little dramatic, but really, they're junk haha

:laugh:I didn't say it was a good thing. The havin to hold it down made for a strange ride, for me anyway. They did ride good wheelies though:laugh:

new gsxr 1k, hands down...damn danksy u get to pick a new car and a bike in the same day??:thumbsup: i miss them days....bless u and live it up brother...but yes go gsxr, and let me know wut u think of it...i have considered one myself....oh def still go with the porsche too!!!!

If you haven't ridden the new gsxr1000, I wouldn't...unless you wanna buy it! It's awesome, my friend got one last spring. We trade up alot when we ride together, and of course...it does awesome wheelies!

i bet, read alot about that bike and like what i see, everyone i talk too says its great...(umm, should i have bought one instead of the busa...:laugh:) but yea heard there great...what do u know about the 750?? same reviews? same thing just smaller power plant??

i bet, read alot about that bike and like what i see, everyone i talk too says its great...(umm, should i have bought one instead of the busa...:laugh:) but yea heard there great...what do u know about the 750?? same reviews? same thing just smaller power plant??

Last gsxr 750 I rode was the 07, I thought it was a bit underpowered. Can't really say about the new one, but I sat on one and think comfort and feel are improved, much like the new 1000.

I don't know much about any of the bikes as far as handling and how they ride but my 2 cents from past friends bike that I have worked on, Yamaha is the most complicated and Suzuki is the easiest and Honda and kawi are about the same. However, I have heard of all the bike Yamaha give the least amount of problems. If you do your own maintenance this may be helpful if not go with the looks and feel.

I own a 09 gsxr 1k (Learning more about the bike.. only 2k miles on it)... had a 02 1k(Loved it!) and got a 07 gsxr 1k I am working on (Rode it some)... I cant wait to ride it when I am doneand compare it to the 09 and compare it back to back tonite...

how bout something different ? : } I love my 929 RR. I like the fatter look of it. I know its old school but its still a great bike, Oh, and you can fit a midget in that trunk!
Image1-1.jpg

100_1856.jpg

Last edited:
I own a 09 gsxr 1k (Learning more about the bike.. only 2k miles on it)... had a 02 1k(Loved it!) and got a 07 gsxr 1k I am working on (Rode it some)... I cant wait to ride it when I am doneand compare it to the 09 and compare it back to back tonite...

The 07 is uncomfortable, and not as stable as the 09, but just me, I hope you like it...cuz ur kinda stuck with it now:laugh: If you loved the 01 and the 09, I'll be shocked if you like the 07, I can't wait to hear.

I have rode the 08 GSXR 1k and a 08 CBR 1K ...haven't rode the ZX 10 yet. I think for the price... the CBR is the better deal. For looks...the GSXR hands down. Both bikes have tons of performance and handling so it is hard to decide. I have been trying to decide if I want to get a 1k too. I am leaning towards the BMW S1000rr :whistle:

Back