questions about buying a wrecked busa

fast1

Registered
I am looking to buy a busa. I have found a 2003 that is wrecked. It has 2300 miles, and the damage seems to be cosmetic. From what I can see it needs a body kit, minus the gas tank. It will have a rebuilt title, not sure about how that will affect resale? They are asking 6500.00 that may be negotiable, Just needing some advice from some folks that know about busa's. Is that a good price? I am thinking with paint and parts, I could be looking at $1000.00 for the fix. Any advice would help.

Run away as fast as you can. You can find a nice ready to ride busa for 7500 dollars.
smile.gif
rebuilt title means it was totaled and therefore is very damaging to resale as most banks and finance companies will not finance "rebuilts". buy it if you want to chop it and make a dragbike but if you want a rider look for a nice used one.

<!--EDIT|newredboosa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098544554 -->

$6500 for a salvage title bike is ridiculous. I'm in the used car/motorcycle business and that price is absurd even for an '03. You shouldn't pay anymore than $4100 for that bike.

I thought that sounded a little high. I guess I will continue my search. Thanks alot for the info.

Yeah i mean by right for any wrecked busa should be under 5000 dollars but they are going higher then that i saw one that sold for 6000 and needed all the plastic and the tank it was a theft recovery just unreal

It's crazy to buy a wrecked bike unless their giving it away...The time and material that it takes to correct the damage is not worth the believed savings...No wrecked bikes for me unless it just a hellofa deal...Don't do it...
evil.gif

The price is high, very close to used bike prices. Still have to repair it and cost will go higher. After it's fixed up, sould be a 1000-2000 dollar difference between a fixed up salvage to a used bike price. Resale suffers for salvage bikes. It's not a concern for sellers they expect it. Salvage bikes are about riding not making money on
biggrin.gif

Looking for Salvage project. Major components should be in good shape. Now consider parts for replacement, how much they'll cost. DIY wrenching keeps costs low.
Salvage Bikes aren't allways about the price. There's satisfaction of rebuilding a wreck to road worthy condition. Learning and taking serious maintaining in perfect mechanical condition is matter of life and death with a motorcycle.

Back