Question!

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Hey Busa Buddies, Just wondering about different roads u been on... When u see a sign that reads : ( arrow ) then says 30mph or whatever... what speeds are u takin that turn at? Most times I do about double what the sign says, however there have been a few that I go WHOA! Sometimes 15mph means 15! Went wide a couple times ... I hate that!

You feed back plz...

Usauly double is pretty acceptable.  When hot on it we can approach triple (not typical though).
There is a road here that winds down to canyon lake and the 10's there are pretty serious hairpin u's next to a cliff.  Gotta be careful.   :eek:
Ya'll are invited to come out to good 'ol Ari-zon-I-A and take a ride! :D

if you are familiar with the road tripling the speed limit on anything marked 35 and above shouldn't be a problem.i do this on a regular; and i am not that fast.however,california is pretty conservative about their marker signs.besides it is amazing sometimes how much more you can get out of the busa than you think,it really handles well if you are smooth and take the right line,the bike loves to charge through turns on the gas,never ever slow down in the turn the bike will stand up more than any other bike i have ever ridden,it also doesn't respond well to mid corner throttle adjustments.riding without trust cuts your possible corner speeds by 25%,the bike just doesn't like it when you are tentative

I don't really know how fast I'm taking the turns. By the time I've slowed enough to take the turn, it's time to turn, and I don't look down at the speedo when I'm concentrating on the road and turning. The signs are a good guide. Be careful unless you know the road really well.

My opinion is that the 'Busa if very forgiving in the turns. I learned that by making mistakes in the turns, hitting the gas too hard at the apex or before it, or braking waaay to late, then hitting the gas to make up for it. Either that or I'm not pushing to the bike's limits, and that's ok with me. Gives me room for mistakes.

Hey Busa Buddies, Just wondering about different roads u been on... When u see a sign that reads : ( arrow ) then says 30mph or whatever... what speeds are u takin that turn at? Most times I do about double what the sign says, however there have been a few that I go WHOA! Sometimes 15mph means 15! Went wide a couple times ... I hate that!

You feed back plz...

You gotta take every turn individually.

What if it is a decreasing radius turn? Oil slick in the road? Leaves? Signs don't tell the whole story, and I never pay much attention to the signs. Sure, I'll note the speed they recommend, but if they say 30 and road conditions demand 25, I'm going 24.

After an extended break from riding (years) due to circumstances, I've recently begun riding again and went wide in a corner for the first time in my life tonight, crossed the double yellow, and nearly had a head on. Thank GOD for an alert driver who was watching me. Juvenile stuff and I'm kicking myself for it. There's no reason to take risks. Every curve is different and demands proper planning, and what if a driver is coming the opposite direction and dips into your lane at just the time you realize your skill ain't up to the demands the curve presents.

Life is fleeting and I saw mine flash before my eyes tonight. I thought I was gonna be toast, in a way that was more palpable than during combat in Iraq. I really thought I was done.

Back on the site just to get spun back up, and will be taking some courses and practicing.

On edit: Whoa this is an old post, LOL.

Last edited:
Dayum, a fourteen year old thread revived...A lot of times the sign doesn't tell you about the next corner. Riding the streets is way different than track riding. Paying attention is all I can say.

General rule for me was 15 over the suggested turn speed . . .

Unless it's a 10 or 15 mph hairpin ! ! !

We usually like to ride through & check out the road before we blast it ~ just in case there is dirt or water on the pavement in a blind corner . . .

attachment.php?attachmentid=253713&d=1487432779.jpg

We usually like to ride through & check out the road before we blast it ~ just in case there is dirt or water on the pavement in a blind corner . . .

View attachment 1573267
Where's the ramp? :lol:

In England on some bendy roads they give an advisory speed for the bends and have flashing signs that read your speed and flash a slow down message if you exceed it. I take it as a personal insult when they flash me to slow down so invariably speed up thinking...don't tell me what to do :lol:

In England on some bendy roads they give an advisory speed for the bends and have flashing signs that read your speed and flash a slow down message if you exceed it. I take it as a personal insult when they flash me to slow down so invariably speed up thinking...don't tell me what to do :lol:
We have them here too,often innaçcurate as well,when they say I'm doing 70kmph in a 55kph corner ,I'm often doing at least 90,I too wish they'd mind their own business

We have small trailers the cops leave where ever. They have radar and display your speed.
If you pass the 2 digit versions, at 3 digit speeds, they flash and lock up.
Or so I've heard.....

In England on some bendy roads they give an advisory speed for the bends
and have flashing signs that read your speed and flash a slow down message if you exceed it.

I take it as a personal insult when they flash me to slow down
so invariably speed up thinking - don't tell me what to do .

:lol:

Ha ha! I wonder how many years ago Kento-Moto sold his Busa? Anyway this is something so many street riders don't get. It's been said already but I'll say it again because it's so important!!!! First, you should only ride fast on roads you know - really know. "Know" means knowing where gravel or sand is usually on the road, or where water might be on the road, or where people are, when people cut grass, when farms move their tractors, how animals move around roads, etc. When you know roads this well then you can take risks (calculated exposure to danger), not chances (roll the dice) and that's critical to not getting caught out. I forgot, also where the cops are or when they patrol a certain stretch of road.

So, if you're reading signs to figure out how fast to take the turn, FOLLOW THE SIGN'S SPEED RECOMMENDATION!!!!!!!!!

Ha ha! I wonder how many years ago Kento-Moto sold his Busa? Anyway this is something so many street riders don't get. It's been said already but I'll say it again because it's so important!!!! First, you should only ride fast on roads you know - really know. "Know" means knowing where gravel or sand is usually on the road, or where water might be on the road, or where people are, when people cut grass, when farms move their tractors, how animals move around roads, etc. When you know roads this well then you can take risks (calculated exposure to danger), not chances (roll the dice) and that's critical to not getting caught out. I forgot, also where the cops are or when they patrol a certain stretch of road.

So, if you're reading signs to figure out how fast to take the turn, FOLLOW THE SIGN'S SPEED RECOMMENDATION!!!!!!!!!

Excellent advise which I have followed for years, which is probably how I'm still here :D:banana::race:

Back